It's a sad time in our house

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I wrote the letter below to our family & friends. And I consider the members of IAP to fall into the category. So your welcome to read and comment if you like....thanks

A sad time in our home Fairwell Sparkey

Last Saturday we found out that one of our 3 kitties Sparkey had diabetes. It was devastating news he was fairly advanced and starting to show signs. We spent most of the past week talking with friends and professionals and a lot of soal searching. Researching the disease diabetes can be very complicated. It is basicly the same for cats as it is for us humans. There are reported cases of remission but this is rare. As with people cats can live a long life with closely monitored care. 2-3 daily insulin injections daily monitoring blood sugar careful diet and exercise. It is truly a life changing life long commitment to care for. This is not the first time we have been stricken a little over a year ago Thunder had gotten diabetes we did not recognize the symptoms and he had gotten very sick could not even stand. We made the decision not to treat as it was costly and a life long commitment. Also Thunder was clearly suffering. This time with Sparkey it was more difficult he wasn't quite as advanced as Thunder though his sugar count was very high and no doubt had the disease. So we made the difficult decision and I took him to the Vet for the last time. It is truly a very sad time in our house as a loved one is missing from our lives.

But there is hope for Sparkey wile at the Vet they offered a possibility. They would care for Sparky and try to find him a foster home. They said he was a good candidate for adoption. They said that they had a few families that were already caring for diabetic cats. And he is only 6 years old and a very well behaved good boy. So pray for Sparkey but for us the pain remains as he is no longer with us and we will not know his destiny.

At one time there were five kitties in our life, a very lively time, now there is two.

A very sad time in our house
Bruce & Amber
Sparkey.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

I'm sorry that you had to let Sparkey go as I know how hard that loss is. Hopefully Sparkey will find a wonderful new home where he can get the care that you speak of. Having had pets with diabetes - I totally understand what you are going through and the difficult decision you had to make.

Prayers are sent for all.

Mrs.

Top Bottom