Italy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

I will be in Italy in October. I have been told that it is very difficult to acquire any Italian resin or lucite rods even if you are there. You need to have a contact.
does anyone know where the factories are that produce these rods?. Anyone know of how to get a tour of the factory? something?
Just checking
Alice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well I wish you luck Alice.

I have been to Italy and Germany several times and have come to the conclusion that new Italian resins are as rare in Italy as non-branded FP nibs ( IPG ) are in Germany.

In my humble opinion, the new so called Italian Resin is about as Italian as Yorkshire Pudding only coming from Yorkshire or French Fries only coming from France. :rolleyes:

My suggestion is that you enjoy your time in Italy ( work or Holiday? ) for it's real pleasures and just buy your Chinese....oops sorry I mean Italian resins, on the web, when you get home.:wink::biggrin:

elody21

That's what I figured, but I needed to ask!

Pleaseeeeeeeee tell me you know fries are not French!!!
Fries are from Belgium!!! The recipe came over with the soldiers coming from WWII. They were first tasted in the region of Belgium that spoke French so they were thought of as being French.
I grew up knowing this as I am half Belgium and my mother made fries often. So the recipe came over with my grandmother!
Of course Belgium and relatives come before Italy !
If you already knew this sorry for preaching!

My husband is being sent for work and we have many FF miles so I am meeting him in Belgium after his convention is done!
Alice

Well I wish you luck Alice.

I have been to Italy and Germany several times and have come to the conclusion that new Italian resins are as rare in Italy as non-branded FP nibs ( IPG ) are in Germany.

In my humble opinion, the new so called Italian Resin is about as Italian as Yorkshire Pudding only coming from Yorkshire or French Fries only coming from France. :rolleyes:

My suggestion is that you enjoy your time in Italy ( work or Holiday? ) for it's real pleasures and just buy your Chinese....oops sorry I mean Italian resins, on the web, when you get home.:wink::biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom