italian resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sptfr43

hello, out of curiosity how does one(namely me) get their grubby little hands on some of the italian resins that I have seen used?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

You might be able to get some locally made of the same resin (or atleast close)...BUT the worksmanship on how the design/color combination is made is where the big difference is.

It is an ART [;)] and no two artist make them the same way. The true artist/craftsman make them more consistently. JMHO.

Not sure if the commercial ones now are machine mixed/made though. If so...they can be more consistent LOL [:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There are a couple of important differences between 'old world' resins and US made resins. First, we have stringent EPA regulations (although not as strict as Canada's) so there are many chemicals that we cannot use in this country. That is particularly true of dyes, which is why all of Fender's pretty Stratocaster guitars are made in Mexico. Second, our OSHA regulations make using certain chemicals prohibitively expensive due to the safe handling requirements. Lastly, the economic value of making resins with the US's hourly wage rates makes it even less attractive when doing heavily detailed and customized work. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

PenWorks

You might try ed4copies, he mentioned that he had a few sticks for sale, 5/8 square stock, he may still have some.

As for me, what little I have, I keep locked up [:)]

The closest thing we had available to us, was the Decora material, CS used to sell it and some other companies. Pretty much all the old stock has disapeared. You see some black&white around every now and then, the cow stock. The most popular was the cracked ice. It is still being manufactured, as several pen companies still use it. But I haven't been able to get my hands on any [V]

Sounds like Wayne is holding out on us [:D]

its_virgil

Nice looking stuff, but none of their links work...

Anthony: Check'em out while in Provo in June.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by sptfr43
<br />well I just did a search for resins and came up with this site
http://www.pedigreewoodcrafts.com/guest.htm some interesting stuff.

gerryr

Anybody notice the barrel trimmer with 5 hardened carbide cutting blades and 5 pilot shafts? Wonder how you buy anything from them?

PenWorks

I called them allready, They are not up and running yet. Expect another month or so for them to get their act together. Sound interesting. I will be paying thema visit when I go to Provo, they are 10 minutes away. They have a couple of neat items. The adjustable mandrel looks beefy and the key mandrel looked good as well.

LanceD

I also spoke to a very nice lady over there and she said to expect a lot of great materials and accecories in about a month from now. She put me on their email list to update me on when things become available and will also send a printed catalog.Prices aren't available yet but they will be adding them as they become available.

Lance

Scott

Yes, I like the look of that adjustable mandrel too! I hope somebody has sent them a link to this topic! I would like to think they may want to visit the IAP site to touch base with their future customers! Are these people penturners? How would they decide to concentrate so much on penturning supplies if they were not penturners? I would like to hear the story if they're willing to tell! (Hint, hint!)

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom