It Was A Potpourri Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Got these potpourri lids last year and had forgot about them. Spotted them this morning in a drawer and tried them for the first time.
I have two sets of 4 of the same patterns but only made one set for now and will replace them as they sell. .
Side view and top view. They only have two coats of lacquer at this stage. They will get one more coat after a light sanding and then after a day or so of curing time they will be buffed to a gloss on the Beal buffer.

382468758.jpg

382468762.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice William. May I ask where you purchased your lids as I do not recall seeing them anywhere. I purchased some of the tea candle kits from CSUSA last year but have not had the chance to turn them.

W.Y.

Very nice William. May I ask where you purchased your lids as I do not recall seeing them anywhere. I purchased some of the tea candle kits from CSUSA last year but have not had the chance to turn them.
CSUSA has them for $3.99

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...Pewter_Potpourri_Lid___pewter_potpourri?Args=

but I got mine for $2.99 at the time from a ebay seller . He only those four patterns but the price was right. I got two packages for a total of eight pieces.

W.Y.

Really nice.. I am guessing these will be a good selling item for you. Nice work

Yes, they are very good sellers. I get a big bag of potporri from the dollar store and divide it up into about fist size quantities. Put it in plastic wrap and fasten with an elastic band. Put the elastic band side down and the rounded side to the top. Looks nice and colorful and even with the plastic wrap in place it releases a small amount of smell which makes it an easy sell . When the customer gets it home they remove the plastic wrap if it is for themselves or leave it on if they are sending it to someone as a gift.

Top Bottom