It Happened

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

A few weeks ago I lost my favorite pair of tweezers. I use them for several different things that to pertain to pens. I looked everywhere I might have misplaced them and couldn't find them. I ordered new ones and I received them Tuesday. I was feeding my tropical fish and noticed something just behind the light on top. There they were. I have no clue how they ended up there. So as my luck normally goes as soon as I buy a new something to replace the thing I can't find it shows up. This is just as frustrating as having something in the way for years and throwing it out and needing it the next day. I'm sure none of you have gone through this so count your blessings. Ha Ha

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

A few weeks ago I lost my favorite pair of tweezers. I use them for several different things that to pertain to pens. I looked everywhere I might have misplaced them and couldn't find them. I ordered new ones and I received them Tuesday. I was feeding my tropical fish and noticed something just behind the light on top. There they were. I have no clue how they ended up there. So as my luck normally goes as soon as I buy a new something to replace the thing I can't find it shows up. This is just as frustrating as having something in the way for years and throwing it out and needing it the next day. I'm sure none of you have gone through this so count your blessings. Ha Ha
Oh just join the club and accept it. Oh yea I am a member. :D:D:D

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
something in the way for years and throwing it out and needing it the next day.
EVERYDAY! 🤣

wouldentu2?

I found when I misplaced something if I yelled " who the he'll took my ..." I found it almost immediately and would say " I found it" works 100% of the time.

SteveG

No help with the misplaced item, but...

Unneeded item: Is there some way to throw it out, but secretly keep it? Perhaps an unneeded item escrow. Just an idle mind engaging silly thoughts.

Kenny Durrant

Unneeded item: Is there some way to throw it out, but secretly keep it? Perhaps an unneeded item escrow. Just an idle mind engaging silly thoughts.
Well Steve I don't know about you but I tried getting away with that once. I got caught and needless to say I never tried it again.

RDHals

I've been there man. I once lost a small black pocket knife for three months. Finally, the time changed and I had to turn on a light in a room that I'm in every day. Turned on the light there it was sitting right in front of me. I had already bought two replacements, in case lost one. Look on the bright side, you've got spares now.
Russ

WriteON

The idle mind is a playground form the devil. I like the way you think.

d_bondi

The idle mind is a playground form the devil. I like the way you think.

This reminded me of one of my favorite Albert Einstein quotes....

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
~Albert Einstein​

Woodchipper

Following the idea here: my wife lost her solitaire from her engagement ring. Turned the house upside down, checked the vehicles, etc. After a few years, she was moving an upper cabinet she used for her sewing things. The diamond was down in the space that was in front of the cabinet. The weight of the cabinet made a crease in the carpet.

naynay

Still never found my windshield scraper and swore I was not buying another this winter. I will break down and buy another next winter if I don't find the original one this summer. Being that I moved from California, it was my first windshield scraper I ever purchased so it was a special purchase.

WriteON

How about something gets lost (or stolen haha)… but it's not available anymore ….and you find the item weeks later. Do we get credit towards a new or replacement?

Top Bottom