It felt good to sell a pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

I haven't sold anything that I've made. Never tried to really. We had a couple guys over to install our underground storm shelter a couple weeks ago. Me and the boss got to talking. He does a little woodworking every now and then. We started showing each other pics of stuff. When I showed him my pens, he asked if he could see them. Surprised me he was very impressed with them. Soo much he asked to buy 2 rifle pens I made. One had an antler body and the other was a wood segmented body. He gave me $50 for each of them. Can't wait to get my shop going, I may have to sell another one, one day. Lol

jjjaworski

Good for you. I always find that people that make things appreciate the work it takes to make a pen or other wood related item (anything handcrafted for that matter ).

I gave up selling at the local Farmer's Market and Renaissance Fair because people would constantly try to dicker on prices or the spouse would tell the husband " You can do that. "

Nowadays, I just gift pens or my other work to folks. Every Christmas Season I do that with the grocery clerks and Starbucks staff I see every morning.

Top Bottom