It’s Offishul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Woo-Hoo!
Today is the first day of my retirement!

Yesterday, I debriefed from a lot of programs, and turned in my access badge. I wiped the company phone—it gets recycled. Later on, I'll cut up the corporate travel card.
I'll miss what I did but not any of the DEI BS!!

This morning, I'm firing up the grill for some bacon.

I expect to make a gradual return to turning and making pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Congratulations. Enjoy your time. I've been retired for 6 years and don't miss it a bit!! Life goes on and you'll still have some struggles but no one is breathing down your neck asking questions and yelling. Pen turning is a great way to occupy your time. Not to mention grilling!! Once again enjoy your retirement and the BACON.

TDahl

Congratulations Gary. Welcome to the world of doing what you want, when you want, and how you want. Enjoy your retirement!

egnald

Congratulations! I've been retired now for 3 years and I don't miss it at all, well, maybe some of the people I used to work with, but lots of them have have retired and moved away too. I hit one of my milestones today too though, I just got done getting my health insurance converted over to Medicare.

Once, again - Congratulations! - Dave

GaryMGg

Congratulations. Enjoy your time. I've been retired for 6 years and don't miss it a bit!! Life goes on and you'll still have some struggles but no one is breathing down your neck asking questions and yelling. Pen turning is a great way to occupy your time. Not to mention grilling!! Once again enjoy your retirement and the BACON.

I had lots of requests and tons of PLEASE but no one ever yelled at me at work.
I was lucky—I loved my job and had more fun than should be legally allowed.
Having said that—-Bacon!
I'm ready for this.

d_bondi

Congratulations Gary! I retired 7 months ago and have not looked back. I stay in touch with some of the people because we are friends, and that helps with the missing the people part. There is something about contributing to something bigger and helping people that I miss, but at only 7 months out I haven't acted on it. I have a few things I plan on doing to address that though.

Enjoy!!

JohnU

Congrats Gary! You will find that your days seem to go by a lot faster now that you're not a slave to the clock. Enjoy yourself and make time to do everything you've ever inspired to try!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sincere congrats on your retirement. Heartful well wishes for time to do "what you want' vs what you "have to do". Altho, there will be may chores you 'need to do' that you have neglected... Enjoy. I have not regretted being retired, and fully busy!

greenacres2

CONGRATULATIONS!! Glad you posted that--today is my 1 year anniversary of retirement, and i'd forgotten to commemorate it. (March 1 was the official date, then worked a few project wrap-ups for 3 or 4 months, then 4 solid weeks in Oct-Nov--which reminded me of why i had retired in the first place!!)

Best wishes, and ENJOY!!
earl

moke

Awesome Gary! I retired 3 years ago and have really never missed it. I think every day how awesome it is. I am slowly working my way thru my ideas of things to finish. It really is true that you get busier in retirement than you were before....more because your pace slows some from lack of urgency and because you can pay more attention to finishing/doing the things you could not before. Congrats...you are going to love it.

Top Bottom