Issue with pepper grinder salt shaker kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dvoigt

Dvoigt

I made one of the 6" pepper grinder with salt shaker top (from psi)
I've made dozens, but am having an issue with it not grinding. I can spin it 12 times and maybe 1 of the twists will catch.

I tried changing out the mechanism, which worked for a few turns, but then the issue started again after I filled it with more pepper.

I played with the knob on top, and with the amount of pepper inside. But no difference in performance.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Derek

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

I tried some of those and was afraid to sell them fearing they'd come back broken. I'm sticking with the standard sized mills, either the crush grind or the older model with the screw on top. I prefer the crush grind with the shaft personally.

I've tried one of the salt shaker/pepper grinder mechanisms.... thought it was a little wonky to begin with and I'm not sure if I was able to sell or just discarded.... Like MontMill, I prefer the crush grind and make and sell a number of them .... I also tried the mini and midi crank operated mills.... the midi mills sold really well, but the mechanism have now been discontinued, so I'm going exclusively to the crush grind. I only buy the 10" shaft since I can cut it to any size from about 5 inches to almost 12.... about the largest size my blanks come in.

RogerGarrett

I've tried one of the salt shaker/pepper grinder mechanisms.... thought it was a little wonky to begin with and I'm not sure if I was able to sell or just discarded.... Like MontMill, I prefer the crush grind and make and sell a number of them .... I also tried the mini and midi crank operated mills.... the midi mills sold really well, but the mechanism have now been discontinued, so I'm going exclusively to the crush grind. I only buy the 10" shaft since I can cut it to any size from about 5 inches to almost 12.... about the largest size my blanks come in.
I'm unfamiliar with the PSI kit, but I sell a LOT of these........never had a problem.

I don't like the mills with the top knob... I'm a little measurementally challenged.... I like the crush grind because I can cut the shaft to fit my turning, and not have to fit my turning to the shaft. It's tough looking at a measurement 3 times and not remembering it, so have to measure a 4th time. :D

Dvoigt

I figured out the issue! The grinder was fine, the pepper corns were too big! I should have figured that out sooner because I've had that issue with salt grinders before.

Top Bottom