Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I have an inkjet printer.
I always use Krylon Clear Coat after printing on BEST setting
I always use the same brand water slide decal paper

I printed the decals
Waited anywhere from one day to two weeks
Cut them out, place in purified water

When attempting to slide off backing, the color is coming off on my fingers!

I have never had any issues. I do the same thing every time.

Any suggestions? Anyone else ever experience this? If so, please help me rectify the situation. I have orders that need to go out.

Thanks
Michelle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

So you don't use the Decal Bonder Spray stuff?

The instructions that came with my Testor's branded decal kit said to print at "normal" quality and coat with the decal bonder spray to prevent colors from coming off the decal when you slide it off the backing.

It also said to dip the decal in water for no longer than 5 seconds.

Perhaps they changed the formulation of your decal paper/bonding agent and you didn't know about it?

Skie_M

Oem ink or aftermarket?
I had issues with aftermarket inks so I have to use oem

Oh, yeah, that could definitely cause it. Are you using the genuine branded ink in your inkjet printer or some off-brand type? Did you recently change the ink cartridge?

ladycop322

I am using HP brand ink in my HP brand printer..I cut no corners when it comes to quality. I have never used the testor's bonder...never ever had an issue previously and have done things identical since day 1...

Skie_M

Ok ... did you recently change ANYTHING?

Is it a new pack of decal paper?

Is it a new can of spray paint?

I understand the reasoning for using distilled water (has no impurities), but I used tap water without issue ... could there have been something else in your water?

RODNEYBREAN

Microscale has a liquid decal sealer that works great. I usually use Krylon crystal clear but when Im having issues I use the Microscale decal sealer. it is made for custom decals and it dries very fast and seals great. never had a problem with it.

hcpens

Actual product number or website product name or Number

Microscale has a liquid decal sealer that works great. I usually use Krylon crystal clear but when Im having issues I use the Microscale decal sealer. it is made for custom decals and it dries very fast and seals great. never had a problem with it.

Do you have the Actual product number or website product name or Number? Did a search and it returned not product found.

CREID

Do you have the Actual product number or website product name or Number? Did a search and it returned not product found.

Microscale Decals: Finishing Products

They have a lot of decal products.

Curt

Marko50

Bummer!

Hey Michelle,

I've had this problem happen before, but I soon corrected it when I realized I was not getting enough coverage of the sealer spray over my decals, specifically, the ones closest to the edges! My bad! I don't know if that helps or not, but that's my .02¢ worth!:wink:

-Mark

Top Bottom