ISO Black/Stainless Braided Pen Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarryE

for a Mini 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit.
Did a custom order for a customer 7 years ago, he messaged me that he lost it and wants another exactly the same.

Don't remember where I purchased the blank and not having any luck on Google. It appears I could cut down 30 Caliber Bolt Action also

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated

braided1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
for a Mini 30 Caliber Bolt Action pen kit.
Did a custom order for a customer 7 years ago, he messaged me that he lost it and wants another exactly the same.

Don't remember where I purchased the blank and not having any luck on Google. It appears I could cut down 30 Caliber Bolt Action also

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated

View attachment 294480

Probably Les Elm, he's made many special blanks. I know he's made these before.

jttheclockman

Do you have a better photo. Never seen black stainless steel if that is what that is. I have dyed resin different colors but that is not that. Interesting.

jttheclockman

That maybe an open weave stainless braiding on top of a black mesh braiding underneath. Or the light is playing tricks on us and it is all silver.

BarryE

That maybe an open weave stainless braiding on top of a black mesh braiding underneath. Or the light is playing tricks on us and it is all silver.
In the private listing from 7 years ago I described it as "Black Carbon fiber & Stainless Steel Braid" My memory isn't going back that far, and it looks like I must ave purged the other images...the picture looks kinda like nylon braid

Customer messaged me today that he wants this one to be all black carbon fiber, which doesn't seem to be as readily available now

Thanks for replying

jttheclockman

Now again we may have a communication problem. Black carbon fiber is had very easily if that is what you want. Many vendors carry it. But it requires a clear casting over the top. I say because you do not want true carbon fiber to be handled. The dust is harmful to lungs Casters use it because it is not openly turned and is cast over. Now there are black carbon fiber tubes that are encased and perfectly able to use. They are limited in size so not sure they will work. Now Les from Canada use a plumbers pie insulation that he calls tactile finish and it is basically a poly sheathing. It is used for plumbing fixtures as a flexible hose. Not sure where he gets it but you can contact him and he will make you a blank. Look up Les Elm here and you will see examples of what I am taking about. That does look like a nylon braid.

Top Bottom