Is there anything similar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

There are a TON of Sierra style pens. The Gatsby, the Diplomat, the Mesa, Wall St II, The Le Roi I think (Smitty sells them).

Russianwolf

Seriously, pick a vendor......ANY vendor..... and they will likely have a version of the sierra. I can't thin of one that doesn't except LauLau and there's a good reason there.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I will avoid advertising--so I will just say, "Not all "sierras" are created equal!"

Transmission quality and plating quality vary greatly from one "manufacturer" to another. If you want a more specific answer, feel free to PM me!!

Russianwolf

Seriously, pick a vendor......ANY vendor..... and they will likely have a version of the sierra. I can't thin of one that doesn't except LauLau and there's a good reason there.

Why doesn't LauLau? I thought he had a Sierra type kit with some sort of figures on the band.

Mike

Aaron only has the Elegant Beauty which is not based on the sierra kit (similar appearance, but it stops there). He only stocks better kits as he uses all of them himself.

bitshird

The Elegant Beauty is a superb set of components, I've done close to 50 and not had one come back, that compares to about a 10% return on Sierras, BUT in fairness only one or .two have been a manufacturing fault, most were customer stupidity. and that's a hard problem to fix.. for starters there isn't enough live ammunition.

The Elegant Beauty is a superb set of components, I've done close to 50 and not had one come back, that compares to about a 10% return on Sierras, BUT in fairness only one or .two have been a manufacturing fault, most were customer stupidity. and that's a hard problem to fix.. for starters there isn't enough live ammunition.

Hahahaha :biggrin::biggrin: I'm not exactly looking forward to finding that either!:cool:

Thanks a ton for the help everyone.

PenMan1

Look at both the Dayacom Elegant Beauty and the Berea Elegent Beauty Sierra. I have many of all the Sierras together in one big display. The Elegent Beauty Sierra outsells all of the others 10:1.

However, I prefer to sell the Aero ( Dayacomm Elegant Sierra) because it "almost idiot proof", is just a touch slimmer and shorter, and is available in the upgrade platings. Now, if my customers will cooperate, I'll soon move from Berea Elegant Beauty to Dayacom Elegent Beauty.

sbell111

10%? Wow.

I think we've had 2 sierra-style pens come back to us through the years. Both of those were related to people changing the ink cartridge incorrectly (unscrew nib, rather than pull it out of barrel and then pushing it back in). We pretty much solved this through customer education, I think.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Two basic Sierras

Smitty's Le Roi is a sierra type and a very nice kit.
There are two basic sierra styles .... one is a barrel twist (Sierra, Wall Street II, Elegant Sierra et. al.), the other is a finial twist (Gatsby, Le Roi, Le Roi Elegant). Just about everybody has one, the other or both styles.

Platings and prices have a wide range from 24kt gold to Rhodium and the Titaniums. While some are no doubt better than others, most of them seem to me to be acceptable but I do admit a bias toward the finial twist.

Bill Sampson

Michael,
I have most of the Sierra and EB style kits. You are welcome to come to my shop and see the kits and finished pens. You can then decide what is best for you. There are several great suppliers on this site.
I just got out of the hospital and should be available in a week or so. PM if you are interested.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Top Bottom