Is there a cure for it?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shooter-55

Hello. My name is Tim. I am a pen-aholic. I have tried to stop many ways. Cold turkey, the pen patch, electrotherapy, double doses of PEN-acillin, with no signs of any lessening of my affliction. It seems totally hopeless, so I guess I have to surrender myself to the fact that I cannot pass up a good looking kit, blank or tool.
Actually went out today and bought a Laguna 1216, when I was only going for a gallon of milk. The wife is going to kill me. Oh well. That will definitely stop me from getting any worse.
On the more serious side, really enjoyong the craft and hope to be turning for many years in the future. Just wish they'd quit marketing all this jewelry because my will power is shot.....not really.
Have a great day everyone.
My name is Tim. I am a pen-aholic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Can quit at will. I quit 100 times. Honestly... as time went on I got worse....and so will you my friend. We're all doomed.

Gregf

I'm surprised you could find the Laguna in stock. It was unexpected they went on sale. I back ordered mine with the local Woodcraft to lock in the price.
Nothing like putting something on sale with no stock to back it up.

Clarkhus

This should keep me in pen blanks for a while. 334CBA84-1386-40E8-AB00-4B5B6AAC8647.jpeg

howsitwork

No that looks an unsafe load! You should drop some of that off with a friend and have them cut it to size for you and help you store it safely. Shame it's a pick up not a yacht, I could help you 😉

howsitwork

Hello. My name is Tim. I am a pen-aholic. I have tried to stop many ways. Cold turkey, the pen patch, electrotherapy, double doses of PEN-acillin, with no signs of any lessening of my affliction. It seems totally hopeless, so I guess I have to surrender myself to the fact that I cannot pass up a good looking kit, blank or tool.
Actually went out today and bought a Laguna 1216, when I was only going for a gallon of milk. The wife is going to kill me. Oh well. That will definitely stop me from getting any worse.
On the more serious side, really enjoyong the craft and hope to be turning for many years in the future. Just wish they'd quit marketing all this jewelry because my will power is shot.....not really.
welcome to the collective

Two lessons need to be remembered

1 never carry the receipt home with you in your wallet a sealed envelope marked "plans "or "must remember" is far safer and less likely to be checked.
2 Never carry a heavy looking box into the workshop in full view of your partner / wife / SWMBO it's a health and safety thing. Backs are delicate as are ears , both of these can get damaged are spotted.

Apart from that enjoy it and remember it's not a new lathe you've had it ..... years

Scott

Hi Tim! There is no cure!

I haven't turned a pen in over a year, but when I go out I always carry one of "My" pens! When the Penn State catalog comes in, I have to toss it before I open it, or I am gone for hours and start making up orders for yet more pen kits. And don't even talk about Craft Supplies! I had to have them stop sending their catalogs! When visiting friends, I've been caught checking out their firewood pile! My Oneway still has a place of honor in my shop. My table saw is buried under assorted supplies and turning tools, but my Oneway is ready to go at a moments notice. My Wife has asked me repeatedly to sell off some of my penturning stuff, because I, literally could not use it all in my lifetime. But I could go almost anywhere and see some ordinary object that I could make into an amazing pen! Pine cones, yep! Paper, yep! Corncobs, yep! Cardboard and glitter, yep! Dirt, yep (but it dulls the tools)! Last month when we were in Hawaii, my Wife saw me looking at some expensive ukeleles, and she asked me why? I had to admit to her that I was admiring the nice wood, and thought it would look good in a pen!

There is no cure!

Scott.

Grampy

You could take time out, and build a wooden Kayak, of course this is just another addiction....

Buying the Laguna vice a gallon of milk...., I can see that created some marital stress...
Years ago, I told the wife I was going out to get some carpet tape.. came home with a Corvette...Now that was marital stress...

You could take time out, and build a wooden Kayak, of course this is just another addiction....

Buying the Laguna vice a gallon of milk...., I can see that created some marital stress...
Years ago, I told the wife I was going out to get some carpet tape.. came home with a Corvette...Now that was marital stress...

Every man should have a Corvette.. I've had two in my lifetime..
'course I was single at the time, but think I hooked my first wife because of the Corvette...
I sold it when we got married because she had a 6 year old and a Corvette isn't a family car.....
this late in my life, thinking the Corvette would have lasted longer than the marriage did.

Grampy

Every man should have a Corvette.. I've had two in my lifetime..
'course I was single at the time, but think I hooked my first wife because of the Corvette...
I sold it when we got married because she had a 6 year old and a Corvette isn't a family car.....
this late in my life, thinking the Corvette would have lasted longer than the marriage did.

The marital stress of the 1st one has finally diminished (had it 18 years now).. to the point she went with me & wrote the check for the 2nd one (life lesson).
Fortunately, the Vettes' and the marriage have lasted the challenges I've put them thru...

the Siblings.JPG

howsitwork

The marital stress of the 1st one has finally diminished (had it 18 years now).. to the point she went with me & wrote the check for the 2nd one (life lesson).
Fortunately, the Vettes' and the marriage have lasted the challenges I've put them thru...

View attachment 231139
Look nice but you can't get a great deal of wood in one (without being spotted anyway ). Volvo estate is excellent for " hidden transport"

howsitwork

Bit too obvious and , looking closely at the photo of the lady in the passenger seat I don't think that's an approving look 🤔😉

howsitwork

I do like they shrink wrapped "blanks though !😁

Makes my pens seem kind of small by comparison . Unless like me you start of with a tree trunk and , after turning , end up with an egg cup ?🤦‍♂️

Grampy

I do like they shrink wrapped "blanks though !😁

Makes my pens seem kind of small by comparison . Unless like me you start of with a tree trunk and , after turning , end up with an egg cup ?🤦‍♂️

Start with a tree trunk end up with a toothpick.. we've all been there

Top Bottom