Is low fume CA worth the extra $

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I won't recomend it...I want to know when I am inhaling toxic fumes. Atleast my system's defense mechanism can react [;)]

Never heard of any other advantage/disadvatage/difference between it and the regular CA.

johnkepka

If you are using a lot of CA i think it is definitely worth the extra money. THe fumes really bothered me. I have not had a problem with the fumes since i started using low odor CA. The thicker the regular CA the less the fumes are annoying. I did not mind gap filling regualr CA compared to The Thin CA. Try a hobby shop for a source locally since "odorless" CA is used to glue foam in model airplanes.

TomServo

The odorless CA is not supposed to turn white, from what I have read. I plan on trying some soon...

"Oderless CA, Excellent gap filling capabilities. None whitening or blooming occurred on electrical component. Also safe on white foam & plastic."

Presumably it won't whiten on wood either...

TomServo

Reporting back: Low odor CA does *not* whiten/ghost... I picked some up today at the hobby shop, along with a bit more thin CA, and it works fabulously! I haven't been able to do a decent CA finish until today - my medium CA would whiten in about 3-4 seconds on anything i put it on - unless I hit it with mild accelerator *immediately*.

My conclusion: This stuff is great, but pricey.

It has a very faint DNA-ish odor. Almost can't smell it. Dries slightly tacky in about 30 seconds (for me). I was able to handle the piece while tacky without leaving fingerprints or marks, however. Accelerator works on it as well.

The brand I picked up is marked "great planes" but the bottles are e-z bond shape, the rest of their product line matches (even the epoxy comes in the same bottles as my e-z bond epoxy, and the same plastic baggie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom