Irish scrolled art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

Patterns similar to this have been found at Newgrange in County Meath, constructed around 5200 years ago and which predates the Pyramids.
If interested here's a link.
The spiral pattern is called a Triskele, the inner pattern is a Triquetra.
IMG_0187.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very Cool. like the colors.

I just bought a few days ago some very interesting and very complex patterns called Mandala from a vendor on Etsy. I have not scrolled anything for about 2 years now since the Pandemic shut down my 3 shows I was doing. None came back so I am in limbo with a ton of inventory that i do not know what to do with. But I saw these done on a scrollsawing site and just needed to challenge myself once again. When will I do them is another question but they are really involved pieces of work. usually 8 layers to these and each one is more intense than the other. I would say stay tuned but you would be waiting for quite some time. But it is added to my to do list.

https://www.etsy.com/market/mandala_art

Pretty cool indeed Alan. Funny thing happened today and now I have a reason to try it even more. After probably close to 15 years I got my RBI Hawk Scroll saw cleaned up, oiled and in operating shape. I actually used it and now realized how much I like it. Thanks for sharing.

jttheclockman

Pretty cool indeed Alan. Funny thing happened today and now I have a reason to try it even more. After probably close to 15 years I got my RBI Hawk Scroll saw cleaned up, oiled and in operating shape. I actually used it and now realized how much I like it. Thanks for sharing.
What model RBI? I have 2 the 220 and 226

jttheclockman

Mines a variable speed 226. I've probably had it since around 2009. Boy was I rusty with it today. I guess it will come back to me with time.
That is about what mine is. The 220 is probably a couple years newer but not much. I used the 226 for my larger projects. The 220 is my work horse. Many hours on that saw. It is like riding a bike. Once you start cutting it comes back to you. The main thing with me is I am older now and the hands shake a little so delicate things take longer these days.

Alan Morrison

Very Cool. like the colors.

I just bought a few days ago some very interesting and very complex patterns called Mandala from a vendor on Etsy. I have not scrolled anything for about 2 years now since the Pandemic shut down my 3 shows I was doing. None came back so I am in limbo with a ton of inventory that i do not know what to do with. But I saw these done on a scrollsawing site and just needed to challenge myself once again. When will I do them is another question but they are really involved pieces of work. usually 8 layers to these and each one is more intense than the other. I would say stay tuned but you would be waiting for quite some time. But it is added to my to do list.

https://www.etsy.com/market/mandala_art
John, I looked up those multi-layered mandalas. I think that you would need to be retired a long long time to be making those on a scroll saw!!!!

Alan Morrison

Tom, looking forward to when you start posting your scroll saw work!

Top Bottom