iOS App Update - Ver 1.13

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ver 1.13 of the iOS Bushings & Tubes App is now available on the Apple App Store

This fixes the problem of losing your database when a new version is installed. Your existing database should remain intact when you install this update. It is also no longer necessary to exit & restart the app when database updates are downloaded from the server. They will now be installed when the download is completed & will be available for use immediately.

A new feature has been added to list a number of world-wide penmaking suppliers. The list is arranged by country & currently has about 70 suppliers in 18 countries. Most are not in the database, but the list provides a convenient reference. Navigate to the Info Display and tap on the button to the left of the IAP Logo. That will bring up a scrollable list of suppliers. Tap on any supplier and a short blurb will pop up about that supplier along with a button that will take you directly to their web site.

More suppliers will be added to the list. Let me know if there is a particular supplier that you would like to see included.

Let me know if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions.
Edgar

Attachments

• IMG_8846.jpg
    IMG_8846.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8842.PNG
    IMG_8842.PNG
    214.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8843.PNG
    IMG_8843.PNG
    425.9 KB · Views: 55

walshjp17

Edgar,

After downloading the update (at least I think it downloaded as a message popped up stating "Downloading PDFs), the last update still shows as 9/122. I am using an iPhone 14 Pro Max running IOS 16.0.3.

1665522445599.png

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
John, select a pen kit to bring up the detail page, then go back to the main screen & check the database date.

9/1/22 is the date of the database in the previous version
9//18/22 is the date of the database in the new version
10/1/22 is the date of the latest database on the IAP server

If the app is active at the time of an app update or while downloading an updated database, it will immediately install the updates to the database. However, the app isn't able to automatically update that date at the top of the kit list. The screen display has to be refreshed to update that date - so either click on a kit or go to another screen, then come back to the main screen.

If the old date persists, it would indicate that the app didn't get updated for some reason.

You can also click on the IAP logo at the top left of the screen to go to the Info Page & see if the new buttons are there & the new SuppliervListing.

BULLWINKLE

Ver 1.13 of the iOS Bushings & Tubes App is now available on the Apple App Store

This fixes the problem of losing your database when a new version is installed. Your existing database should remain intact when you install this update. It is also no longer necessary to exit & restart the app when database updates are downloaded from the server. They will now be installed when the download is completed & will be available for use immediately.

A new feature has been added to list a number of world-wide penmaking suppliers. The list is arranged by country & currently has about 70 suppliers in 18 countries. Most are not in the database, but the list provides a convenient reference. Navigate to the Info Display and tap on the button to the left of the IAP Logo. That will bring up a scrollable list of suppliers. Tap on any supplier and a short blurb will pop up about that supplier along with a button that will take you directly to their web site.

More suppliers will be added to the list. Let me know if there is a particular supplier that you would like to see included.

Let me know if you have any questions, problems, or suggestions.
Edgar
Excellent update !

Top Bottom