Introduction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonW

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Ron Wiley and I live in Walker, Louisiana. I grew up in Memphis, Tn and New Albany, Ms. I will be 75 in March and so I consider myself semiretired. I served in the Army from 1971 - 1977. I was a paratrooper and started in Intel and transferred to Military Police. After the Military I went into police work and college full time in both. After several years my wife came home one day from work and told me she was going to Nursing School, so with both of us in our 40s and with three children I said I am not really doing anything I like anymore, so I'll go with you. So, after 20 years as RNs we finally retired. We were in our 70s. Then I got cancer, and the VA has taken good care of me and now I am ready to get busy again, I had turned pens years ago and decided to go at it again, I found this site and thought I would join and hopefully get some great advice on what's new in pen turning, the best made kits to turn and the best way to get the best finish. I am hoping to make high quality pens that will last a long time. I would also like to sell them and would like to know the best way to sell various turned items. Thanks everyone, look forward to hearing from everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Welcome from Utah Ron.
Thank you for your service AND both of you for your 20 years has health care professionals!

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC! That's quite a "resume". Thanks for your service from one veteran to another. You will find all of that information and help you mentioned around here, and then some.

jttheclockman

Welcome aboard. Any questions just jump right in. Take a look around the forum and get a feel for what we do here. Hope to see some of your work.

Lew

Welcome, Ron, from Texas. You will thoroughly enjoy this site. It has a lot of information, tutorials etc under resources. The people that are in charge of this site do a wonderful job, and the members that post are inspiring with their talent. And everyone is very helpful in answering any specific questions you may have.

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum. You have led an exciting life. I've also had great response from the VA over the years. Thanks for your service.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ron. We used to have a couple of guys on here 10-14 years ago from New Albany. I know one is still in New Albany. I.m writing this from Memphis (up here from Tunica in the hospital.) Enjoy the Cajun food down your way! My wife is from NO, so my palette is well acquainted with Cajun Food.

Ask away. We have all kinds of answers when it comes to making pens. Join in the fun!

Top Bottom