Intarsia---Deer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

SWMBO has been busy working her little fingers off getting ready for "The Next Show"
Here's the newest project. All the wood is natural---no stain or dyes.

2007728181711_deer2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Great looking deer and choice of woods. Is she competing with it, or just selling it? No offense, but the plank of cedar is no good... of course I'm just assuming it is mounted to it, but don't know that to be a fact. It's boring and it won't hold the purple color. Eventually it will darken up and the deer will begin to get lost in the background, not to mention that planks are not good for intarsia mountings. She needs a plywood because the cedar will require alot of movement being a softwood and the intarsia glued onto it will not allow for that to happen. When plywood is ugly or just not the right color, then I apply a veneer on the plywood. Then I'd make a frame. A natural homemade frame from old debarked sticks or driftwood would be great for a project like this. I love intarsia. Please have her sign up at the scrollsawer.com forum. <that is not run by me, nor am I paid by it, I'm just a member like I am here, and it is full of great discussions on intarsia, just like this forum has great discussions for pens>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom