Insulated Tumbler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

A couple people I work around seem to love their Yeti Tumbler. I find it hard to spend over $30 for a cup. Well I was wasting some time the other day, so I watched the comparison videos between Yeti and the Walmart knock off brand (Ozark Trail). Well the knock off seemed to work just as well (last as long) as Yeti. So I got one this morning, spent roughly 8 bucks for the 30 oz.

Have you all caved and got one? Now am I going to end up with more than one?

Let me clear something up, the $30 bucks for a cup would not be so bad if it was a "team" cup, or something along those lines. (That is just my opinion). I know some get laser engraved cups from some venders, and may pay around that, and that is not as bad as paying for "yeti" when others perform just as well. I am not insulting anyone that has a yeti by any means.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Big

I have been using the Ozark Trail and loving it for several years. They are every bit as good as any other in my humble opinion. As for decorating, the sky is the limit. There is a whole cottage industry now of people who are even using PR (Poly Resin) to decorate them by making devices to slowly turn them on a turnstile while applying the PR etc. There are lots of Youtube videos on this and making the "Turners" etc. available. Trophy places typically will be able to engrave or etch your tumbler or you know someone with a CNC or laser engraver, it is a simple matter. I have seen people powder coat, etch, and everything that you can think of with these tumblers. I live in Florida so to say that it is hot is a gross understatement and keeping cool with 30 oz.s of cool water or tea is always welcome so our tumblers are used 24/7 here.

deeceedub

We have one Yeti and one Corkcicle. The Yeti was a gift, the Cork was at 50%sake. I wouldn't pay full price knowing the knock-offs work just as well. We do use them every single day and especially love them in the car, as they keep ice from melting like nothing else can.

More4dan

I've been using RTIC cups and coolers that are every bit as good as the Yeti and significantly lower cost. Great variety in styles and colors are available. The powder coating on their cups has stood up to much abuse as well. They are also a local Texas company that supports the NRA.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

Attachments

• RTIC Cup with Logo.jpg
    RTIC Cup with Logo.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
I have two Ozark Trails (one with large top and one tall slim) and one tall slim size Yeti. I purchased an Ozark large top and slim for each of my daughters, son-in-laws and LOML for Christmas 18 months ago. I was given a Yeti (tall slim) last Christmas (2017).

One thing for sure, they do keep things colder longer than the insulated plastic or combination plastic/metal ones, a LOT longer. I often take my large top filled with southern sweet tea and about 8 to 10 ice cubes with me in the morning. When I get to work I turn to coffee and leave my large topped Ozark in the car. I put a small towel over it and put a magazine over that to keep the direct sun from shining on it. In the afternoon about 4 pm I get into the car with the internal temp well over 100° and the Ozark still has ice in it. LOVE IT.

These things do not hold heat as long as it holds cold. I don't know why. Mine loses the heat of the hot coffee after about 2 to 3 hours, but will hold ice for about 24 hours in the same basic conditions with the covers on them. Well, I do know why - Heat rises and goes out the top and through the plastic top.

One interesting thing that I found - I use the tall slim Ozark and Yeti for coffee and the wide mouth large top for cold cola or tea. Having used the Ozark for coffee in winter, first thing in the morning and during the day, I found that the Ozark lasted about 1 to 1 1/2 hours with hot to moderately hot and then it dropped down to warm. HOWEVER, the Yeti for some reason gives me about 30 minutes longer open time (keeping the temp close to hot that much longer) when I just sip my coffee over a period of time. It probably has to do with the lids, the design and material, IMO.

Hence, I use the Yeti for Coffee and the Ozark for cold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom