Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, I don't think there is a kit pen that isn't a copy of some original.
If the original Caran d' Ache is too pricey for you then look at the Louis Codan - Paris ( made in China ) version.
I got this one at a garden centre for less than £10. Even came in a box:rolleyes:

Attachments

• LouisCodan.jpg
    LouisCodan.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 270

phillywood

I say there is nothing that you can find that chineese haven't copied yet. Huh? When people pay those kinda $525 price is just that they get to brag about the name brand I guess. but then how can we the woodworkers justify those high dollar hand crafted woodworking tools?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
PRICEY

I say for $500+ pen, you'd better be signing some Mil or bill dollars contracts. Otheriwse it's too pricy to carry the darn thing.

For that price I would expect the pen to jump out of my pocket, write my thoughts on it's own, fetch me a cup of coffee and jump back into my pocket.....just because I want it to.

aggromere

If the carbon fiber blank guy sees this I would be willing to buy 10, 5 black and 5 white or silver or red.

Let me know.

leestoresund

So your marketing plan is to print a copy of each of these high price pens to show how close your's is to that and emphasize the price difference but not the quality difference.
Lee

CaptG

I make the carbon fiber blank for the vertex and sent some to Exotic Blanks a couple weeks ago. I need to check and see if they have any left. I sell the finished carbon fiber vertex pen for $60.00 and have sold a handfull.

Peter, I stopped doing the colors, too many bubbles in the courser weave you have with the hybrid combo colors and the solid colors just do not look good, no depth and just plain blahh looking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom