Inlace Acrylester Barons Today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

After painting the tubes and reverse painting the blanks copper and teal I finished these today. It takes me three days to make acrylic pens: cut/drill and paint (overnight), glue up (overnight) and finally turn/buff/press. I guess we all get better since these were no issue at all using 2" radius carbide. The carbide was not even freshly rotated. I bitterly complained about this stuff in the past, but no more. I love it. What's that about an old dog and new tricks…

Antique copper and antique silver Baron kits from Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks. The blanks are from WoodTurningz.

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4457.jpeg
    IMG_4457.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 48
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Sweet pens Mark! Inlace really does polish up nicely and I agree with you, using it can be worth the pain! I'm going to have to dust my box of Inlace off and make some of them again. - Dave

MPVic

Very beautiful craftsmanship!! I especially like the silver one - thanks for sharing.
Might be the lighting but is the finish on the copper pen a "satin" finish?? Possibly using steel wool?

mmayo

Very beautiful craftsmanship!! I especially like the silver one - thanks for sharing.
Might be the lighting but is the finish on the copper pen a "satin" finish?? Possibly using steel wool?
I know that people mix the blank materials and most people are sometimes inconsistent. The blank could not be polished to a glossier finish. I knew the kit was antique so I went with it and was happy. The only person I know that absolutely gets his pours perfect every time is JohnU or John Underhill. He is a machine. I love to turn his stuff.

d_bondi

I really like the combinations of kit and material Mark!

I took a quick look on ExoticBlanks and can't seem to find the antique metal Baron kits. Do you know if they are still available?

mmayo

I really like the combinations of kit and material Mark!

I took a quick look on ExoticBlanks and can't seem to find the antique metal Baron kits. Do you know if they are still available?
They were a Sunday special a while ago. You got four kits with different plating for a great price. Contact Ed please.

Top Bottom