Info please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bamagoldbug

"Exotic Blanks.com"

I was just checking if there's any minimum order for free shipping or if you even offer free shipping. Also what are the requirements for a wholesale account if you offer one.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Who are you looking at buying through? Some vendors offer cheaper prices for products but their shipping is higher. I just placed an order with Berea Hardwoods and after factoring shipping they were cheaper by just over 0.50 for the exact same item from a favored vendor on the IAP. Heck, that's half a PBR at my favorite hamburger joint. Helps to check around and try it for yourself. Also, I'll beat this to death, if you belong to a wood turners club PSI will offer a 10% on any order, even if it's on sale and they will usually offer you two shipping rates. Check around to see if your club qualifies and if not I can give you the contact info. If you're not in a hurry PSI can save you some money on shipping too, usually a couple bucks (2 more PBR's) if you pick option 2 for shipping.

Bamagoldbug

Who are you looking at buying through? Some vendors offer cheaper prices for products but their shipping is higher. I just placed an order with Berea Hardwoods and after factoring shipping they were cheaper by just over 0.50 for the exact same item from a favored vendor on the IAP. Heck, that's half a PBR at my favorite hamburger joint. Helps to check around and try it for yourself. Also, I'll beat this to death, if you belong to a wood turners club PSI will offer a 10% on any order, even if it's on sale and they will usually offer you two shipping rates. Check around to see if your club qualifies and if not I can give you the contact info. If you're not in a hurry PSI can save you some money on shipping too, usually a couple bucks (2 more PBR's) if you pick option 2 for shipping.

LoL... I thought I posted this on "Exotic Blanks.com"
Vendor section. I was trying to but anyway they are who I plan on using .

Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. ~Author Unknown

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you for your question, and yes this forum is supposed to be for ExoticBlanks use. But not everyone respects our "property".

That's life. I have the right to delete them, but I am a firm believer in your right to speak, whether or not I agree with you. So, we will leave everything above in place and try to "start over".

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Exotic Blanks.com"

I was just checking if there's any minimum order for free shipping or if you even offer free shipping. Also what are the requirements for a wholesale account if you offer one.

Cool icon, Michael!!!

Pretty much everyone who buys from us is a "reseller" of one kind or another, so we attempt to offer the best "every-day pricing" that we can. When we started ExoticBlanks, I had purchased kits from all the major vendors, I bought at least 100 at a time. Yet, I got the 25 discount when I bought 25, and the 5 pen discount when I bought higher end kits, along with 100 other kits. So, Exotics started on the premise of combining most every kit for discount. So, I guess you can say we offer "wholesale" pricing on "wholesale" purchases.

In the last couple years, we have started having a weekly special. I send out an email every Sunday night which tells you what is on special--but you can get the same information by looking at the website's "on sale" pages. We try NOT to hide special pricing--I believe everyone who shops with us deserves the same pricing for the same size orders.

Once in a great while, we do offer free shipping. Just recently, the USPS raised prices again. Because we resell for CSUSA, Berea and PSI, clearly they sell to us at higher prices than their costs (I would expect them to profit), so we don't have the margins to extend 20% discounts, like they can--but then sometimes THEIR 20% discount is equal to OUR daily price.

Currently, we offer over 1600 pen choices (styles and platings). A couple thousand commercial pen blanks from Asia and Italy (not widely available in the USA). AND we sell handmade blanks for a few of the members here. In short, we try to have the widest selection we can. We don't have the financial wherewithall of a PennState Industries, so we don't pretend to compete--we are an alternate supplier who ships REALLY fast. And we sincerely APPRECIATE your business.

BTW, if you take part in the contests, we have donated 5 prizes for the bash as well as two Donation Drawing prizes--in total over $600 this year. This is the 11th year we have donated. May not matter to some, but we do support the IAP. Hope you choose to give us a try--if you like M&M's--that's a "kicker"!!

Again, thanks for your interest and yes, YOU asked in the right place!!

Ed

Bamagoldbug

Thank you for your question, and yes this forum is supposed to be for ExoticBlanks use. But not everyone respects our "property".

That's life. I have the right to delete them, but I am a firm believer in your right to speak, whether or not I agree with you. So, we will leave everything above in place and try to "start over".

Found your answer

Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. ~Author Unknown

Last edited:

Bamagoldbug

Thanks

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Every week we get several emails like this. This one came about an hour ago:

profile_mask2.png

6:31 PM (1 hour ago)

to sales

Your company is the greatest! I know I can always count on you to deliver on time and correctly. Please keep up the great job.

Top Bottom