Info on pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

So after talking with the teacher at the tech school, it seems that most of her students want to make themselves an ink pen. With this being said, I am thinking about going with a Gatsby style pen, I think that they will be easier for them to turn. Who has the best deal on this style pen kit? Looking at 35 total. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

So after talking with the teacher at the tech school, it seems that most of her students want to make themselves an ink pen. With this being said, I am thinking about going with a Gatsby style pen, I think that they will be easier for them to turn. Who has the best deal on this style pen kit? Looking at 35 total. Thanks.
Give Ed a call. I am sure he would do a deal with you for the cause.

I typically do slimline kits in whatever variation I can find at the time in a good price point for younger kids. For adults I will do a cigar or sierra style kit to keep costs down. What I go with depends on kit available, price of kits, blanks available, etc. Reach out to companies about deals for kits for classes like this. Exotic blanks may help but you could ask other companies as well.

Remember to include the cost of the bushings (and mandrels and spacers, etc). Depends on how many lathes you have. You'll probably need at least 2 sets, probably 6.

Top Bottom