Infantry Tru-Dollar™ Coin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Many of you may have recently seen this coin featured in the Casting contest that I entered into. I just wanted to share it individually from the pen. The coin is a 2012 Infantry Silver Proof Dollar Coin that obviously commemorated the Infantry soldier. The total amount of shaving and cutting time involved was roughly 3-4 hours. I hope you all enjoy looking and reading!!

Here is the Link to US MINT for more information on this coin

Coin Specifications:
Weight: 26.730 grams nominal Diameter: 1.500 inches (±0.003) or 38.10 mm (±0.08) Composition: 90 percent silver; 10 percent copper Mintage Limit: 350,000 across all product options Place struck: United States Mint at West Point ("W" mint mark)

Attachments

• INFANTRY DOLLAR COIN.jpg
    INFANTRY DOLLAR COIN.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Perfect as usual Seamus. :wink:
I've always wanted to ask what your success rate is when you do these? How often ( if ever ) have you accidently cut off a letter or other thin piece?

seamus7227

I've always wanted to ask what your success rate is when you do these? How often ( if ever ) have you accidently cut off a letter or other thin piece?

Thats a great question Skip! I have been know to ruin a good coin here and there and have to completely start over. In this case, it is a $75 coin, so there was no room for error. However with that said, it presented some tricky and butt puckering moments, but i was able to pull through it:biggrin:

Looks very good! You've come a long way from North Dakota. It has been so fun watching your work through the last five years.:)

Dang, thats right! Yeah that was an uncut quarter(blah). Thanks for the walk back down memory lane!!

As was said: "perfect as usual".......

Bill

Thanks Bill! Far from perfect but I do try to get close!

John Pratt

I am really glad there was a high success rate with this one. They are sold out at the mint and I only purchased a few of these to commemorate my time in the Infantry. Seamus went above and beyond on this one.

Can you tell us about the crossed rifles?

The crossed rifles are Infantry Officer Branch Insignia in 14K. I think they problably presented as big a challege as the coin to get on the blank

Top Bottom