Indianapolis Chapter is ALIVE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

A group of members got together today to get this chapter back on it's feet. Woodcraft of Indianapolis hosted the meeting and I think it was a productive and informational meeting. We discussed the future of the chapter and made several suggestions how to get it going again. If you were before and/or want to be involved in the future we would be happy to have you.
Chuck Hutchings (dalecamino) also showed us how he applies a CA finish and I can tell you it was a glass finish when he was done. Well done Chuck!

Attachments

• IMG_5195.jpg
    IMG_5195.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5199.jpg
    IMG_5199.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_5200.jpg
    IMG_5200.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_5208.jpg
    IMG_5208.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_5209.jpg
    IMG_5209.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good to see friends and had good conversation. Thanks to Rick and Woodcraft for the use of their facility. I really enjoyed it. Although I think the nice lady (and maybe future member) might have been a little distracting from the demo, I did MY part. :biggrin:

MRDucks2

A big thank you to all who attended, volunteered to help as we move forward and provided great input and feedback for the future.

A special thanks to Rick and Woodcraft of Indianapolis for hosting the get together, the Indy Woodcraft and the employees are all a class act.

Also, a heartfelt thank you to Chuck (dalecamino) for his CA demo, which helped me personally remember how to to apply a better finish after playing with resin for a few months.

It is evident we have the people and participation for a great chapter going forward. We will keep everyone posted as the next meeting develops in the June timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

SeahawkBeau

It was a good time and great to meet other pen turners. Woodcraft will always be available as long as the group remains under 20-25 people, If we get bigger a new place will need to be found. There were some good ideas thrown around about the future of the group. Looking forward to the next meeting that is set for June 8th pending verification of classroom schedule.

epigolucky

Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting. Work has been challenging the past 2 weeks. Did we set a date for the next meeting? I want to make sure I block the day so I can attend.

Chuck, I'm headed south Thursday - I'll txt you some photos!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting. Work has been challenging the past 2 weeks. Did we set a date for the next meeting? I want to make sure I block the day so I can attend.

Chuck, I'm headed south Thursday - I'll txt you some photos!

June 8th 2:00 depending on their class schedule. We'll know more as the time nears. Keep an eye on this forum. Looking forward to photos. Have fun!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also was sorry to miss the meeting. Waffles are much better in Indy than Medina. :biggrin: Probably the company.

Chuck, you look much younger than I remember? :):wink::)

But, I hope to get to some future meetings.

A proud I.U. Grad!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I also was sorry to miss the meeting. Waffles are much better in Indy than Medina. :biggrin: Probably the company.

Chuck, you look much younger than I remember? :):wink::)

But, I hope to get to some future meetings.

A proud I.U. Grad!

LOL! You really do need that cataract operation. We truly enjoy having you at the meetings and missed you at this one. Yes, good Waffle House meals with you there. And I.U. produces distinguished graduates. :biggrin: I happen to know a couple of them. :wink:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
LOL! You really do need that cataract operation. We truly enjoy having you at the meetings and missed you at this one. Yes, good Waffle House meals with you there. And I.U. produces distinguished graduates. :biggrin: I happen to know a couple of them. :wink:

Yes, the cataracts and hand arthritis are progressing, but my memory is as sharp as a my skew... (No comment please; I think; if I remember).

Fuzzy63

It was great to meet everyone at Woodcraft. We had a great meeting and made a lot of progress to keep this chapter alive. Thanks to Rick and Woodcraft for hosting the meeting. The CA demo was great. Can't wait till the June meeting.
Gary

Top Bottom