Incredible Woodworking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jrista

jrista

So, while pens has lately been the main thing I make, I like woodturning and even woodworking in general. So I watch a lot of videos across the spectrum. Today, I found this guy's channel for the first time, with this video. Really loved it! The bench is incredible, and his techniques opened my mind to some of the possibilities with wood (the way he bent his wood was rather ingenious!) I also loved his production, just the music and the woodworking, no voice over, made it an extremely pleasant experience.

I love seeing true craftsmanship at work. This man, is a true artisan!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

That was fascinating to watch.
I have used similar techniques of bent lamination to repair an antique baby carriage's springs. Nowhere on the level of expertise he displayed.
I am in awe of his vision and creativity.

Attachments

• Bent Lamination form.jpg
    Bent Lamination form.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Broken vs repair.jpg
    Broken vs repair.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Repaired spring.jpg
    Repaired spring.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50

TDahl

That was an awesome video. I think we all were attracted to woodworking to express out creative spirits. I am definitely impressed with his process and craftsmanship. I can't help but wonder what his investment in his shop was. Those were some very nice tools. Thank you for sharing.

jrista

That was an awesome video. I think we all were attracted to woodworking to express out creative spirits. I am definitely impressed with his process and craftsmanship. I can't help but wonder what his investment in his shop was. Those were some very nice tools. Thank you for sharing.
This guy is just amazing. I can't stop watching his videos...every one, just a masterpiece!

His shop is incredible. I've been wondering the same, how much it cost just to get his shop up. It looks like he has a lot of custom setup for different parts of his workflow. I even wonder whether his table saw has a custom rig attached to it, that long sliding table? The guy is a master of equipment as much as with wood, it appears!

jrista

That was fascinating to watch.
I have used similar techniques of bent lamination to repair an antique baby carriage's springs. Nowhere on the level of expertise he displayed.
I am in awe of his vision and creativity.
His approach to bending with the laminated stack and vacuum pressure for clamping, blew my mind. I've seen steam-bent wood...never seen this guys technique before. It makes a lot of sense, though! With a slow-set glue, I guess depending on how thick you resaw the layers from each board, you could potentially have extreme flexibility and would be able to create some very tight curves. The glue I guess just reflows as you adjust the curve...ingenious.

jttheclockman

Always love watching others do amazing things in woodworking. I have a video saved of bending solid woods that I am dying to try one day. The end result is actually amazing. Just not enough time in a day.

Top Bottom