In search of Italian Pen Blank reseller in Rome Italy for upcoming visit in August

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sean777

Team

I have a trip in August to visit Rome and searched everywhere for for a Pen Turning shop that offers the unique Italian Pen Blanks with no luck. This is a mecca of Pen Lovers and surprised nothing is present on the topic and curious if anyone had suggestions to take advanatge of this opportunity. Aslo curious if any top Italian PenMakers offer tours of the plant like Visconti?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hooked

I will be going to Rome in 2 weeks and driving to Florence, where the Visconti factory is located. I have seen some factory tours of Visconti on Youtube, so a visit may be possible. There is also a factory store and their flagship store in Florence.

I have been searching as well for any pen material suppliers and have been unable to find anything at all. I find lots of amazing pen shops. I plan on asking some shops in Rome to see if I can get any leads on potential material suppliers while I am there. I will let you know if I discover anything while in Italy.

The one thing that I plan on doing this week is looking through some Italian pen makers I have seen on Etsy, and reaching out to them to see if they can help me locate any material suppliers.

Sean777

I will be going to Rome in 2 weeks and driving to Florence, where the Visconti factory is located. I have seen some factory tours of Visconti on Youtube, so a visit may be possible. There is also a factory store and their flagship store in Florence.

I have been searching as well for any pen material suppliers and have been unable to find anything at all. I find lots of amazing pen shops. I plan on asking some shops in Rome to see if I can get any leads on potential material suppliers while I am there. I will let you know if I discover anything while in Italy.

The one thing that I plan on doing this week is looking through some Italian pen makers I have seen on Etsy, and reaching out to them to see if they can help me locate any material suppliers.
I look forward to hearing from you upon your return. Let me know of findings in Florence as we may be planning a day trip to Florence while in Rome via the Trentailia high speed train. It has to exist somewhere LOL. Safe travels.

EricRN

I'm jealous. So many folks with trips to Italy planned. Wish I was one of them!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
When you get there, just ask around for lumber mills, lumber supply, wood working supply, cabinet makers, etc. Taxi drivers, desk clerks, tour guides, & waiters are all good people to ask. You might find a place close by where you can pick up off-cuts or small boards of some nice wood. Stores & shops might have wooden items like cutting boards & such made from olive wood or other nice wood at reasonable prices that can be repurposed to pen blanks. I haven't been to Italy yet, but I've been able to find some nice local wood on almost every trip I've been on.

Sean777

When you get there, just ask around for lumber mills, lumber supply, wood working supply, cabinet makers, etc. Taxi drivers, desk clerks, tour guides, & waiters are all good people to ask. You might find a place close by where you can pick up off-cuts or small boards of some nice wood. Stores & shops might have wooden items like cutting boards & such made from olive wood or other nice wood at reasonable prices that can be repurposed to pen blanks. I haven't been to Italy yet, but I've been able to find some nice local wood on almost every trip I've been on.
Thanks but I am after the sought after plastics used in the fine fountain pens/. I will make inquiries and fingers crossed and blessing form the pope I find some LOL>

Sean777

This place isn't in Rome, but they sell a bunch of "resina" for pens. What they offer sure does look like the same stuff available elsewhere, but if you're able to reach out, they might be able to point you in the direction of some unique Italian sources of the good stuff...
Thanks, I just Emailed them an inquiry.

wimkluck

I was last week in Rome and now in the neighborhood of florance. I asked this question to Italian member of this forum. No answer.
Rome is beautiful. The biggest disappointment was the visit to the vatican museum. Paid for a tour with a small waiting time, but it still took over an hour. It was too busy in the museum too. We were led through the corridors like a herd of cattle. Due to the crowds I was unable to see many things.
But now in Florance I will try to pay a visit to Visconti. Maybe there is some time at Friday. Leaving Italy at Saturday.

wimkluck

At the moment it is to late to visit tello studio we are packing now. Sometime's we have no internet for half a day here in the hotel. So a late reaction.
We are leaving Italy over 10 hours.

Top Bottom