In search of diamonds pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I showed this blank a couple of days ago and turned it this morning. All in all I'm pleased with result. I think the design is slightly too wide, easily adjusted though on the next blank. The diamond design carried through and the diamonds stayed sharp, as I hoped. Kit is my favorite Knurl GT, from Exotic blanks and the woods are red heart and yellow heart. The spacer material is black vulcanized fiber paper.
E7608561-5BA7-46A7-9BF2-56AE379893FB.jpeg
A7FF3486-4F6E-4545-A8C0-CCE75F6A4FEB.jpeg
9C71B710-98B2-4D9E-B58A-DCBE9F7AE801.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mighty nice Ken. Yes, the Diamond proportions are excellent. I'll agree to put it on a diet, a bit thinner would be nice. Alas, I can say the same for me.

I love your innovations.

Kcimdrib

I showed this blank a couple of days ago and turned it this morning. All in all I'm pleased with result. I think the design is slightly too wide, easily adjusted though on the next blank. The diamond design carried through and the diamonds stayed sharp, as I hoped. Kit is my favorite Knurl GT, from Exotic blanks and the woods are red heart and yellow heart. The spacer material is black vulcanized fiber paper. View attachment 303715View attachment 303716View attachment 303717

I showed this blank a couple of days ago and turned it this morning. All in all I'm pleased with result. I think the design is slightly too wide, easily adjusted though on the next blank. The diamond design carried through and the diamonds stayed sharp, as I hoped. Kit is my favorite Knurl GT, from Exotic blanks and the woods are red heart and yellow heart. The spacer material is black vulcanized fiber paper. View attachment 303715View attachment 303716View attachment 303717
I showed this blank a couple of days ago and turned it this morning. All in all I'm pleased with result. I think the design is slightly too wide, easily adjusted though on the next blank. The diamond design carried through and the diamonds stayed sharp, as I hoped. Kit is my favorite Knurl GT, from Exotic blanks and the woods are red heart and yellow heart. The spacer material
Great Pen and a fantastic Blank I've got a long way to go. Thanks for showing it.

KenB259

Mighty nice Ken. Yes, the Diamond proportions are excellent. I'll agree to put it on a diet, a bit thinner would be nice. Alas, I can say the same for me.

I love your innovations.
I too have fallen prey to the COVID 15. 15 pounds that is. Good news my wife and I both got our 2nd shot and no ill affects.

Kcimdrib

I too have fallen prey to the COVID 15. 15 pounds that is. Good news my wife and I both got our 2nd shot and no ill affects.
We had our 2nd shot this week. I've avoided the 15 pounds. Great Pen and stunning blank well done Ken.

KMCloonan

I like it just the way it is. I have been using the vulcanized paper off and on - sometimes it does not make as crisp of lines for me. Your lines are quite crisp.

PS - second shot coming on Friday. Pfizer. I have heard mixed feedback regarding side effects. I had a mild sore arm after the 1st shot. Hoping nothing worse for the 2nd.

Kcimdrib

I like it just the way it is. I have been using the vulcanized paper off and on - sometimes it does not make as crisp of lines for me. Your lines are quite crisp.

PS - second shot coming on Friday. Pfizer. I have heard mixed feedback regarding side effects. I had a mild sore arm after the 1st shot. Hoping nothing worse for the 2nd.
I've had two Astra Zeneca jabs no lii effects so far.

tomtedesco

Great looking pen, I will have to try this kit. One good thing about being old is both my wife and I got shots in Feb., no side effects for either of us.

KenB259

Great looking pen, I will have to try this kit. One good thing about being old is both my wife and I got shots in Feb., no side effects for either of us.
It is my favorite pen for many reasons. I use one every day. They are very comfortable to write with. Single barrel, easy to make and assemble. Plenty of " meat" for segmenting, and I simply love the look of them. They are also relatively inexpensive.

Kcimdrib

May I ask do you use a chop saw to cut your segments. I only have a Bandsaw not the best for accuracy and I could not achieve the accuracy that you get.
They are a thing of beauty.

Top Bottom