In Collaboration with Kenny Durrant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DrD

DrD

Kenny made up for me these beautiful blanks of the teams of the SEC - present and past (GT and Tulane - A&M, SC, Ark, and Mizzou) + a few more. This is the fisrt one I turned. Geaux Tigers!!! Thanks Kenny! I will be giving these away to good friends who hail from each of these schools. I'm working on how to make sure I get one to Coach O at LSU as well. Comments - good or bad - are always appreciated.

DrD

Attachments

• LSU1.jpg
    LSU1.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 162
  • LSU2.jpg
    LSU2.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 158
  • LSU3.jpg
    LSU3.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 133
  • LSU4.jpg
    LSU4.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 121
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Nice blanks! Just need to expand out of the SEC and add the Fightin' Irish!

magpens

Very nice indeed !!!

As an uniformed Canadian, I had to look up the meaning of "SEC" in relation to sports and I found a list of 14 members including LSU.

But I did not find out the relevent sport (or sports). . Is it football ? . Or perhaps more than that ? . Somebody please inform me ... thanks !!

magpens

Thanks, John !!

I knew BOTH acronyms.

And I correctly guessed "football" ..... (I suppose someone might rightly ask "What else?", but here football is not that prevalent at uni/college.)

DrD

Very nice indeed !!!

As an uniformed Canadian, I had to look up the meaning of "SEC" in relation to sports and I found a list of 14 members including LSU.

But I did not find out the relevent sport (or sports). . Is it football ? . Or perhaps more than that ? . Somebody please inform me ... thanks !!
As it turns out Mal there are approx 160+ colleges/universities in the States that participate in one or more mens and womens intercollegiate sports, eg., Football, baseball, basketball, softball, golf, tennis, track and field, etc. These colleges/universities variously have banded together, somewhat along regional lines into conferences. There is good competition within conferences and between conferences. The sec or South Eastern Conference just happens to be one of the many, many conferences; it is the conference I grew up with - having been born in Kentucky, raised in Tennessee, earned my last 2 degrees at LSU.

Collegiate Footballis a major business enterprise in the the States, amounting to annual revenue in the billions of dollars. Additionally it is a great way to spend a Saturday in the fall.

One additional note about the SEC. The Southeastern Conference was founded Dec 8, 1932, whereas the Securities and Exchange Commission was founded June 6, 1934. Ummm wonder which came first?

DrD

Nice blanks! Just need to expand out of the SEC and add the Fightin' Irish!
Hi Eric, I love the Irish. A neighbor of mine when I was on the faculty at UA in Fayetteville, AR went on to become a pretty good coach for the Irish. Maybe, instead of expanding out of the Sec, we need to bring ND into the SEC. They would be a welcome and worthy addition.

I believe GreenAcres 2 is a big Irish supporter.

DrD

SEC =Security Exchange Commission;)

In this case Southeastern Conference in college football. :)
And in college basketball, college baseball, college softball, college track and field, college tennis, college golf, college swimming and diving, + about 29 other sports. Not really any different in sports played than in the Big 10, Atlantic Coast Conference, Pac 12, Big 12, American Athletic Conference, Mid America, The Mountain West Conference, Conference USA, the Sunbelt Conference etc.

But, let's get back to Kenny's blanks; they are truly works of art!

Kenny Durrant

Nice job on the pen Don! Good to see you enjoy the blanks and maybe make someone else's day in the process. As mentioned in my earlier threads I was wanting to practice on a vinyl cutting machine and Don helped me find a way to do so. I'll post something else I'm working on here in response to "Expand out of the SEC". I hope Don doesn't mind. E25F5F8D-5CBF-48D0-98E5-276FD5E71828.jpeg72811904-E1E9-48C1-8377-8BE08CF13D5B.jpegAC873AFE-1E53-4950-BF5A-3CEBC6D75251.jpegB466EFFA-DF82-4116-B79A-3264D3A0425C.jpeg

DrD

Fantastic! You have the logos of the 3 of the member schools in Power 5 and 1 in the Group of 5. They really look good. I understand you may be working on the Atlantic Coast and the Pac12 to round out the Power 5. Can't wait to see them!

Kenny Durrant

Yes. My sons the Huge Sports Nut so this will make a good stocking stuffer for him. He went to Tx A&M and works for University of Houston. That's why I started with the SEC and added the American Conference. It's been fun and learning project.

Top Bottom