Images Don't Appear

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

WARNING! Techie Dweeb Alert!
In some thread images don't show up in the message threads. Some people can see them, others cannot. The reason some can't see the photos is something called Cross-site-scripting (XSS). It is many times used for malware injection. Some browsers and anti-virus programs block XSS. You can go in and disable it, or just allow it for a particular web site. I had this problem until I looked for the solution on Firefox and ZoneAlarm.

Hope this helps.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thank Randy, that does help.
But I'm not about to go and reset or defeat my machine software protection just to see another site. ( Even if I knew how ) If the person wants their pics to be seen by people on this site, then they should post them on this site. :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Except I think you are wrong in this case Randy. If you look at the places that skiprat posted a snapshot of his desktop, he has the website that watch_art has made in another browser window (ie newtonpens.wordpress.com) with no IAP in the address or page at all and it still isn't seen.

I think that something is either blocking wordpress.com or his IE has an issue, but I'm 99.9% sure its not an XSS issue.

Top Bottom