I'm "plane" pissed off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I was looking on our neighborhood yard sale Facebook page last night and found a 12" Jet planer for $150. It needed a belt. It was late and being the good husband I am [emoji16] I thought I'd mention it to my better half in the morning, she was already asleep. As I was telling her at breakfast this morning I pulled the page up to show her and it was sold. I was royally pissed off! To make matters worse she says, "you should have bought it last night." No more "good husband"...[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Yeah, I think "off" is better than "on" also.

A shame you missed the planer. . Ya gotta strike when the iron's hot. . I never ask the missus anymore ... I know the answer beforehand.
Sounds like your expectations were way off this time .... is your wife an actress, by any chance ??

alankulwicki7

Shortly after we got married, I asked my wife to buy some expensive car parts. Wife said ok. Then I asked to buy some tires. Wife said what for? After a few months of back and forth for car parts, tools, etc we decided to set up a "parts account" for me. She has no say over what I do with the money from my account and I replentish it by selling my wares, car parts, etc.
A couple of years ago I spent $5,000 upgrading the engine in my Fairlane and it was painless dealing with my wife šŸ˜‚

steamshovel

When we got married 56 years ago and on Xmas I bought my wife a 30-30 rifle and a brand new Singer sewing machine. I had her open the rifle first. She says what do you expect me to do with and I said well if you don't want it I'll take it. One for me. When she uncrated the sewing machine one for her. We still have both and 55 years behind us.\

Preston

jttheclockman

That was a good price but will say it is not the best planer out there. To me save money and get a serious planer in the Dewalt 735X. That planer you have had your eye on has a dust port out the back that is a pain in the neck because it is straight out and interferes with the board you are plainning as it exits. Most planers have a 90 degree shoot to divert the hose to the side and this works better. Some have a shoot that is angled straight out the back but upward tilt to get hose off the wood. Little things. Again setting bed level to prevent snipe is a little tricky on that unit. Little things and I know can be overlooked at that price but again buy better and buy once.

Top Bottom