I'm cleaning house and need an opinion or two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I have been putting off this "painful" job for a long time but the time has come. I'm disposing of some items that I have accumulated and am asking, where is the best place to sell some things. I've used Craig's List for local pick up stuff in the past but is it the best outlet? The first thing to get rid of is my Woodsmith magazines. I have all 225 issues of Woodsmith Magazine and they are all in great condition. I subscribed to it when it was first announced, almost 38 years ago. How would you folks suggest I sell these. I understand that one can buy the past issues on CD but having the hard copy on the bench has an appeal to me and maybe some other woodworkers. Ideas?
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I'd consider listing them on woodworking forums or eBay. I think CL users tend to want to "steal" something (I know I do). ;-)

Regards,
Michael

MTViper

If no one wants them, you might consider donating them to a local technical school or library. They might like the info.

Herb G

If no one wants them, you might consider donating them to a local technical school or library. They might like the info.
I tried to donate a bunch of old books to our local library once.
These were expensive technical manuals, and general knowledge how to do it books. Most were out of print and hard to find books.
I had probably 25 large boxes of them, I guess maybe 250 books total.
They weren't interested. They wanted money instead.
I ended up giving them to an organization that provides help, job training, and assistance to mentally challenged people.

They were more than glad to receive them. They even sent me a thank you letter a few months later because they actually used them for training their clients. :)

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Wow Gary, I tried to sign up on WoodNet, no go. They said I have an account but won't help with a password. I was a user of that site maybe 15 years ago and apparently they still have me as active but will not allow me in. Way too difficult to participate, in my opinion. I used to be on that site a lot but they keep saying mine is an invalid email address. I tried very carefully 5 or 6 times, no go. Oh well......
WB

Herb G

I'm on Woodnet. If you type up an add, I'll post it for you & relay any info to you if you want to go that route.
No charge on my part.

Top Bottom