I'm BACK!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Hey all!! It has been a LONG time since I was here.... I took a hiatus from most of my woodworking and such. We ended up selling our house and I sold most of my woodworking equipment including my lathe. Ii kept my turning tools though... A couple years ago, we bought some property with a house and a SHOP!! I used to use the garage inthe past. en working on getting the shop set up for more productive work. I have managed to reacquire a lot of my equipment including a lathe. Now I actually have an order for a pen and pencil set for a guy at work. Time to get spinning again!!

I am trying to find one item though.. I need to find a source of wax for the pen tubes when gluing up blanks. Texas heat was NOT kind to what I had...... If anyone has some they would be willing to part with/sell, contact me. Or let me know where I can buy it. Amazon only seems\to have 20+ sheets and I don't want/need that much.

Thanks all!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I just melt a candle or 2 into an old pan, let it dry, then push the tube into the wax and remove a plug of wax inside the tube. Once I've g;lued the tube into the blank, I use a transfer punch to push the wax out and back into the pan and remelt it at a later time.

its_virgil

Arizonasilhouette.com
Exoticblanks.com
Your dentist or local dental supply

If you need a refresher on how to turn a pen let me know.

Welcome back.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

byounghusband

Arizonasilhouette.com
Exoticblanks.com
Your dentist or local dental supply

If you need a refresher on how to turn a pen let me know.

Welcome back.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Hey Don,
How you been? I think pen turning is like falling off a bicycle...... Uh, I mean riding one. Thanks for the offer. I'll see how it goes.

Woodchipper

Like the idea of candle wax or play dough. Our daughter used to call PD, "Onie," when she was little. Never could figure out that one.

byounghusband

Well,
I winged it today... Got impaitent and just used gorilla epoxy. Then took a paper towel and a drill but to clean out the tube. Cleaned the face of the blank to the tube and then used my deburring tool. Worked out fine. Gonna get some "Onie" to use in the future. There should be some around here somewhere as our Grand Daughter lives here too.

Top Bottom