I'm back from vacation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Not sure if that is a good thing or ?? I only get to take them every once in awhile, and they never seem to last long enough.....

The wife and I went to Maine. Visiting with my parents. Of course I had to go do some sightseeing too. Mostly in New Hampshire, but a great deal of it in Maine.

Some of the photo's I took.

This one is in Maine, not far from where I did most of my growing up....until the day I took this photo, I never knew it was there.
Mousam River Natural Falls PaintNatural 1058_59_60 HDR by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Here is a photo of the waterfall at the top of "The Flume" in New Hampshire. A three shot, handheld, fully manual photo merged in PhotoMatix Essential.
The Flume PaintNatural 651_52_53 HDR-2 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Some weird looking thing hanging in the backyard of the parents' place. Just for fun.
DSC00937 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

The Nubble Light in Cape Neddick, Maine.
Nubble Light - 348 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Castle in the Clouds in New Hampshire. Love some timber frame building!
Castle in the Clouds - 452 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Scott (more coming) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Just a long exposure HDR photo. The ocean made smooth....
Water in Motion - 354 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

A swamp at the end of the road. Use to actually go play here, then later go fishing. The water is really low from the lack of rain....
Blanchard Rd PaintNatural 971_72_73 HDR by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Can never have enough flower photo's!
Lily by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Love him or hate him....the President Bushs' home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
President Bushs' Home - 833 by Scott Butler, on Flickr

Scott (took 1,175 photo's) B

Last edited:

SDB777

Nice! You picked a great week to come up heah--perfect weather. Not quite so nice this week.

Regards,
Michael

It was 99*F(reporting station in Little Rock), the temp in Cabot was 104*F(privately owned WunderGround reporting station) with a 'heat index/feels like' of 116*F.

The 'worst' I experienced in the southern end of Maine and central New Hampshire area was a low of 48*F and a high of 84*F. It rained on a few days....

I can't imagine anything that could be worse then what I had to drive back to....

Scott (I'd go back in a heartbeat) B

mecompco

Nice! You picked a great week to come up heah--perfect weather. Not quite so nice this week.

Regards,
Michael

It was 99*F(reporting station in Little Rock), the temp in Cabot was 104*F(privately owned WunderGround reporting station) with a 'heat index/feels like' of 116*F.

The 'worst' I experienced in the southern end of Maine and central New Hampshire area was a low of 48*F and a high of 84*F. It rained on a few days....

I can't imagine anything that could be worse then what I had to drive back to....

Scott (I'd go back in a heartbeat) B

Haha, well, it was T-storms all night, rain this morning, 90+ and wicked humidity this afternoon. Pretty much the same predicted all week. :eek:

But yes, I guess your neck of the woods sounds worse. :wink:

Glad you had a nice trip!

Regards,
Michael

wob50

Very nice photos
Would love to go up there have some friends there a love to get and visit and take some awesome photos like these

SDB777

I'm actually thinking of taking a vacation sometime soon... but leaving Maine and heading south instead! :biggrin:

Ok, but I'm thinking someone might would be a little crazy to 'want' heat! It's 99*F with an index on 121*F!!!

Feel free to stop by for a visit though, I have cold drinks and 16" swing on the lathe! Plenty of timber to shred too!!!!

Scott (like a sauna....yuck) B

ironman123

Glad you are back Scott and happy that you had a good time and took all these wonderful photos to share with us. Everyone needs to get away once in a while.

Save a little gas money and come to SWAT next month.

RKB

Really awesome photos. That is some beautiful country right there. Thanks for sharing. I want to go there.

Rod

Top Bottom