Ideas to increase PARTICIPATION...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

So it was mentioned several times in the threads about the self assessment of skill level threads (beginner/intermediate/advanced) that we want to encourage participation in the bash activities. The daily contests have a good deal of participation, partially attributed to poaching:wink:, but no doubt caused in greater part by the relative ease of submitting the correct answer (more for Trivia than Wood ID) and after that, it is a random drawing for the winners.

It seemed to me that there were a LOT of prizes, and many contests gave multiple prizes to every place (I think there was only one of the photo winners who only got 1 prize, and that prize was still 3 things, apron, smock, & cap) Granted some of the prizes were not huge, but I was wondering if we would get better participation if we heaped less on the top 3 or 4 winners, and spread some of the smaller prizes to a random few in a "participation drawing" for each contest. It would reinforce the "everyone who entered deserves to win" philosophy, and maybe get some who don't think they have a chance at winning and don't bother, would enter anyway, as every entry would have an equal chance at these prizes.

Any other ideas to get more people to enter the contests?

Top Bottom