Ideas for rollstopper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ribaaa

Hi,

I started recently with kitless pens, and have more and kore requests from customers to add roll stopper.

Any ideas where I could get some sort of the shell roll stoppers that do not need to be fabricated from zero.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorins

You may try finding parts from damaged (or not needed anymore) jewelry, or visit other similar artisans that have spare of such small pieces which you could use it. Another idea is start making simple work on (brass) screw heads, just cutting and some grinding and polishing. Finally, roll stoppers can be made from the same material as the pen, wood, acrylic, you should have some leftovers. Just some fine and careful cuttings and finishing, then gluing on the cap and you're done. The stoppers' shape is limited only by your imagination. You'll find more satisfaction by doing yourself, instead of finding them ready to use.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Try some pierced earring sets.

444C88E2-2DE9-4D6D-BD94-79A7BA70F652_1_201_a.jpeg

Niels

the earrings sound like an option. How do you attach them that they don't come off. Drill a little hole and glue them in with ca glue?

rixstix

The couple of rollstops that I've used are simple, 2mm ball-end headpins (black, stainless, copper or gold plated). Holes drilled, holes tapered slightly with a dremel bit to have a shallow cradle and CA in place.

Todd in PA

The lack of a clip has been the chief reason I haven't ordered any Apollo kits yet. It just doesn't look quite right to me without one. Plus I'm pretty sure I'd roll it off the work bench and damage it the moment it was finished. šŸ˜† I'm interested to listen to all the creative solutions.

Top Bottom