Ideas for NEW contests...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I figured there were a few conversations and posts in some of them that had talked about new contests and such, and maybe we wanted a place to post ones that we thought were a good idea. I've got a couple, so I'll post them here, and maybe we can keep this thread a clean place to post the ideas we like so they will be all in one place to discuss or refer to later.

It was mentioned that maybe the edible pen contest had run it's course for the time being, and that maybe we should rotate it out for a while and bring in some different ideas. I think that is a good idea and I can see several opportunities for real "fun for fun sake" contests. At the same time someone (maybe Dawn??) mentioned that they missed the banter and bluster of the days when people's entries were not anonymous.

• How about a "Boast Off!!!" Submit a pen with a Boastfull, over the top description. Describe how it is superior to all other pens ever made and deserves to be crowned the Pen of All Pens!!! Maybe in the contest posting the pens could even not be posted, which would reduce the "Pretty Pen" votes and even be considered funny when everything is posted with the pens after the contest results are in. The pen would have to be entered with the description and it should be obvious that the description is of that actual pen (i.e. don't talk about it being made of pure flawless diamonds if it is made of wood).

• How about a contest for the cheap (BIC) refill pens, No threads, no brass tubes, No kit pieces, just a body that the cheap refills can be pressed into. Contest could exclude or allow caps and or clips based on what people think, but caps must be friction fit only (i.e. press on, no threads etc) and clips must be custom made (no kit or purchased clips)

Brooks803

I like them both. The "Boast Off" sounds more fun to me. Mainly bc the banter can really blossom in a contest like this.

I think they call the Bic pens, Stick pens.

Top Bottom