idea -- engraving?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

I've been having a blast with the one I got. I really don't know why you would need a demo IMO. They are so simple to use. As long as you have a image and know how to resize, there is nothing else to it. It's drag and drop into the software, check the location of the laser on what you want to burn, and click Start. (of course manually focus if needed)

I read where they will not do plexiglass...well I have done it, just used a little longer burn time.

I'm still testing out the different materials to burn.

I'm not putting down the idea, just saying if you got your hands on one, you would be up and running in no time at all.

I will add that the reason I got one was NOT to do pens. But I can think of no reason to not use it for names ect. There is no rotary so IMO again, that would allow a much better option for pens.

These were just some I had right here...you can see the different conditions of wood and how the images look. It just comes down to getting your hands on one and playing around (I burned the mermaid too much LOL that buckeye was soft and rough)

Attachments

• batman.jpg
    batman.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 333
  • laser tests.jpg
    laser tests.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

TonyL

I've been having a blast with the one I got. I really don't know why you would need a demo IMO. They are so simple to use. As long as you have a image and know how to resize, there is nothing else to it. It's drag and drop into the software, check the location of the laser on what you want to burn, and click Start. (of course manually focus if needed)

I read where they will not do plexiglass...well I have done it, just used a little longer burn time.

I'm still testing out the different materials to burn.

I'm not putting down the idea, just saying if you got your hands on one, you would be up and running in no time at all.

I will add that the reason I got one was NOT to do pens. But I can think of no reason to not use it for names ect. There is no rotary so IMO again, that would allow a much better option for pens.

These were just some I had right here...you can see the different conditions of wood and how the images look. It just comes down to getting your hands on one and playing around (I burned the mermaid too much LOL that buckeye was soft and rough)

I am sorry Bill, which one did you get please?

Thank you,

Tony

Akula

NEJE 1000mW

I'm not saying seeing someone do some would not hurt but it's not as hard as some might think.

Those images are not the best, they were just something here right now at my desk. The wood was not prepped in any way. The bird looked good on the elm and much better on the finished item. The spalted maple..very soft btw, the rose was not even, why some of the leaves didn't burn even and the deer was burned too long. It's just trial and error. Each of them on a finished item was fine. It's just a hands on thing. I've even done my phone case LOL

The clear plastic, burn a little longer...I then shape the piece (can do it before don't matter, then place in a small wood box with LED's in it...pretty cool effect.

and yes, I have started plans to get a much larger laser and the rotary LOL

Last edited:

Akula

Like I said, not much to really do and I have plans to go much bigger. These are plug and play.

Now a demo on a large laser would be interesting for sure

Quality Pen

Im not seeking a demo necessarily because I think they are so difficult, but they are new and different and, for most i imagine, it's a new avenue to be able to engrave your own pens and boxes. Most importantly, I figured it was very portable.

I'd like to see a demo on the bigger lasers. I think I've heard k40 mentioned a lot but those dont seem to be transportable for a chapter meeting. If someone in the Houston area had one and was willing to host that would be cool too.

Sub Vet 10

My FIL owns Engrave it Houston.
I'm pretty sure I can talk him into hosting a meeting.

He got started as a hobby and now has a half dozen lasers, etchers, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom