Ice cream scoops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I'm not sure if this is the right area of the forum to post this but I'll give it a chance.
Recently a customer asked about ice cream scoops and if I could make some for him that he could sell in his store. So...I ordered a scoop (same as the PSI one PKISCOOP3) and was wondering if anyone here has used these. My question involves the scoop/spade end that is glued into the handle. My first thought is that they, the scoops, look very flimsy when the end is glued into the handle material and if someone really wanting ice cream might break or crack the handle. I like my ice cream cold and hard and I can put a lot of pressure on a scoop as I know others can really crank down on the handle. So are these scoops acceptable for heavy duty use. I currently use a one piece metal scoop that I've had no problems with. Thanks in advance for helping out!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Tom:

Charlie is correct on the Woodcraft Ice cream scoop by Woodriver part number 153928 on sale for $11.55. I have made several of them for family and yet to have one broken.

Have tried others and they don't measure up to the Woodriver.

Cheers

Charlie

Tom:

Charlie is correct on the Woodcraft Ice cream scoop by Woodriver part number 153928 on sale for $11.55. I have made several of them for family and yet to have one broken.

Have tried others and they don't measure up to the Woodriver.

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie, nice to hear from you. A very good friend of mine recently joined IAP, David Ward (Cali-co) and I told him about you. You might be getting a message from Dave.

Dieseldoc

Tom:

Yes , Dave and I have made contact, looking to hook up some time in later this month.

Charlie

PS:: By the way I just place order for 6 more Woodriver scoops from Woodcraft.

Last edited:
Tom:

Yes , Dave and I have made contact, looking to hook up some time in later this month.

Charlie

PS:: By the way I just place order for 6 more Woodriver scoops from Woodcraft.

Thanks again, Charlie. The Woodriver scoops looks pretty promising. I'll just have to make sure I have all the equipment needed to make them. Tom

Top Bottom