Ice Cream Scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Color wood ice cream scoop handle. Beal buffed and waxed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 290
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I do like using the colorwood for the scoop handles and the shape fits the hand nicely too. This was a Christmas gift for my niece's husband. His daughter picked out the colorwod.
I have also used olive wood and marble wood for some others.

PaulDoug

That really turned out great! Where did that kit come from? Looks like it is a strong one. I made a scoop for my son in law and it quickly broke. Not the handle but the metal part. I'd like to replace it for him.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Thanks all, the scoop kit is from Woodcraft. It is the stainless steel scoop. The tang is threaded 3/8 X 16 and extends into the handle 1 3/4".
The ferrule is stainless and is heavy as well. A really nice scoop. Should last to future generations.

Drudgery1971

Okay - now I am inspired since I just realized (due to this site) the obvious I was blind too..... if it has a handle or is round in any way - I can make it.... :) That ice cream scoop is awesome! I need to go to woodcrafter for a few hours over the New Years holiday..... I need some of that colorply (wood) stuff and and and. Not hooked yet but close.... I am going to focus on all things spun - not just pens... although there are some (like 2 Cats pens I just saw are insanely beautiful). Very nice work PaulDoug.

PaulDoug

Okay - now I am inspired since I just realized (due to this site) the obvious I was blind too..... if it has a handle or is round in any way - I can make it.... :) That ice cream scoop is awesome! I need to go to woodcrafter for a few hours over the New Years holiday..... I need some of that colorply (wood) stuff and and and. Not hooked yet but close.... I am going to focus on all things spun - not just pens... although there are some (like 2 Cats pens I just saw are insanely beautiful). Very nice work PaulDoug.

PaulDoug cannot take credit for this scoop although I would be very proud if I could.

Top Bottom