IBO Cufflinks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

I've been turning those Irish bog oak pens so I thought I'd whip out a pair of Cufflinks. Should look good on a white shirt.

Attachments

• image-687677667.jpg
    image-687677667.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image-290405912.jpg
    image-290405912.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very cool Dan, but those have to be a hard sell. Other than weddings I haven't seen cufflinks worn in many years. When I go to parties anymore I consider it dressing up if I have to wear shoes and socks instead of flip flops...

Call me a hoarder but have ends and pieces of all kinds of pen blanks, really nice burls, Tru-stone etc. I can't so much with them but you could probably get a set of cufflinks out of each piece. If you are interested let me know.

Mike

Mike

walshjp17

Good lookin' links there, Dan. I have some IBO off-cuts and a few links sets. Might have to give them a try.

I wonder if there is a way to get a Celtic knot on the face, just to add a bit of flair?

Dan Masshardt

Very cool Dan, but those have to be a hard sell. Other than weddings I haven't seen cufflinks worn in many years. When I go to parties anymore I consider it dressing up if I have to wear shoes and socks instead of flip flops... Call me a hoarder but have ends and pieces of all kinds of pen blanks, really nice burls, Tru-stone etc. I can't so much with them but you could probably get a set of cufflinks out of each piece. If you are interested let me know. Mike Mike

I've sold 3 sets of olivewood Cufflinks in the past. 2 or 3 months. I only ask $20 for them though. Cost to me is very low.

I actually often do them before I turn the pen so there is lots to grab on to. To use my method, it has to be enough of a cutoff for my pin jaws to grab it and still have room to turn them off.

scotian12

I thought cuff links were a thing from my past in the 1960's and I still have a pair. But one has to update their thinking to the times we live in and our markets. When I look in the high fashion magazines I see cuff links . So I went down town to several high end mens wear stores and there were whole display cases of cuff links in the $100 to $350 range. I asked the sales associates if they were selling any and they said of course. Sold to men for weddings but thats a one time occasion but the most were sold to men and women who have good jobs in the professions and business who follow current fashions. Often sold to compliment the shirt without a jacket. I'm not sure where to find them but I would like some good quality stainless steel or stirling silver cuff links ( $45-$75) that I could put exotic wood and truestone on and sell for $250 +...any suggested suppliers? Darrell

Magicbob

I wear them any time I wear a long sleeved dress shirt.
I buy most of my dress shirts at tux shops because they have my size 22x37 in stock and in many styles and colors, so cuff links are normal.
I must have 50 pairs.
I may have to make some.

Top Bottom