IAP Membership Cards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Will it survive the washer test? says "someone" who was in a hurry and forget to check his pockets and now needs to order new insurance cards. :crying::rain::umbrella:

My walnut slimline survived the washer and dryer....but the refill, unfortunately, didn't. What a mess.

Zebra wood first pen has made it through several spin cycles. slight cracks after 12 years and the refill still works.

Wash, rinse repeat!:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here is another update for you. The labels that will be adhered to the back of the cards and contain the individual member information will be white vinyl. The font will probably be blue. The reason for using white is that the cards are the size of a standard credit card (3 3/8" X 2 1/8"). the labels are 3" X 2". The less contrast between the color of the label and the color of the card, the better it will look (IMHO). It is easier, and probably less expensive to just go with a white card and white label.

As previously discussed, the front of the cards will be standardized. The official IAP Logo (upper left corner of your screen) will be prominent. Any other text or graphics to appear on the front of the card, as well the layout of the card will be suggested by, and voted on by the membership.

Look for details in a seperate post later this morning. :wink:

Timber Ripper

This whole membership card idea sounds like a lagistic nightmare..
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the members list and see that there are members that have not signed in since 2004.
That being said. How would you distribute membership cards and how many would be wasted time, effort and money?
An idea for IAP discount with participating vendors could be the use of coupon code at check out that the vendor would update and supply weekly/monthly or when ever they want to offer a special or sale. Something only current or active members would have access to and could benefit from..
In this day and age, most brick and mortar stores would be able to apply the cupon code at checkout. IMO

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the members list and see that there are members that have not signed in since 2004.
That being said. How would you distribute membership cards and how many would be wasted time, effort and money?
An idea for IAP discount with participating vendors could be the use of coupon code at check out that the vendor would update and supply weekly/monthly or when ever they want to offer a special or sale. Something only current or active members would have access to and could benefit from..
In this day and age, most brick and mortar stores would be able to apply the cupon code at checkout. IMO

It will be upon request. You consider this as a life time discount coupon and no expiration dates. It is up to vendors if they offer a discount because of the card.

Last edited:

It will be upon request. You consider this as a life time discount coupon and no expiration dates. It is up to vendors if they offer a discount because of the card.

Gotta agree with John. Every time I do a product review for PSI I get a coupon code for 5% off my next order. I have yet to use the coupon as I always forget about it. However, when I use my military ID, which is hard plastic, most places give me a 10% discount and the ID is something I carry in my wallet so it's always with me.

Unionboggle

hey guys. I'm a graphic designer by trade, I could certainly give it a whirl for the design aspect. Would also have to investigate a source for material and printing. I'd like the idea of a physical card. I'm new here...but would love to contribute. IAP has provided me with loads of info and help as I dig in.

-Dustin

jttheclockman

hey guys. I'm a graphic designer by trade, I could certainly give it a whirl for the design aspect. Would also have to investigate a source for material and printing. I'd like the idea of a physical card. I'm new here...but would love to contribute. IAP has provided me with loads of info and help as I dig in.

-Dustin

Way past that stage. We are into the getting a count of how many people want them We have the design picked and will go to printing. Vote yes here.:)

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f17/another-membership-card-poll-159616/index4.html

Top Bottom