IAP Friendship ~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

I joined IAP in February of 2010. There may be some of you still around when I joined 8 years ago:)

When I joined I was making slimline pens and didn't know what a bushing was!!! All my pens were over the bushings when finished. A handful of IAP members took me under there wings and helped me learn to turn a pen the correct way.

I still speak to most of them on occasion, there is one person I love dearly and speak to regularly by text or phone call. He surprises me with gifts in the mail. This was my most recent surprise from Capt G. aka Gary Nicholls. The Sedona happens to be one of my favorite pen kits and this will be my second Betty from him.

You just never know when you make a friend and how long they will stay in your life. I am such a lucky person to have him in it!!

I just wanted to share with the members that this is more than just a pen forum, but a place where you meet and make friends.:biggrin:

Attachments

• D3427CF4-0867-47D9-A75D-C9CDB9C2F17B.jpg
    D3427CF4-0867-47D9-A75D-C9CDB9C2F17B.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had the good fortune of meeting Gary in Ft. Myers FL. He had some watch part blanks with him, and I mentioned that my daughter would love to have one of those pens. He handed the blank to me and said make her a pen. What a great guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 177

PenPal

I remember friending Toni when she sojourned in New Zealand as well and value her friendship. Captn G made two Laser copies of the American Declaration Of Independance ,the 42nd Signer was a Cousin of mine. He used exquisite 11 inch by 14 inch timber.

I so value my friendship with Captn G Garry Nicholls.

Peter.

jttheclockman

Yes The Capt is truely one of the good guys and always willing to help. he is the person that helped me greatly when I first started casting and having problems. he showed me some tricks and the rest as they say is history. That is why the passing on info is just the right thing to do. We all learned from someone. I wish he would jump in here once in awhile. Always good to hear from the long timers. :)

gimpy

Hi Toni, we've been in touch a few times. I purchased several of your blanks. My wife really enjoys her pen with the hearts and doves. You even led me to someone that would have the best hardware for it. You have touched so many of us as well. Thank you

magpens

I have bought products made by both Capt G and by Toni.

Toni, I made a pen for my daughter-in-law using a blank you made ... it has dragon flies on it and my daughter-in-law claims to love dragon flies because they eat mosquitoes !!

Friendships made on IAP are, perhaps, the most lasting and important benefit of belonging !!

gtriever

Friendships made on IAP are, perhaps, the most lasting and important benefit of belonging !!

This is one of the best groups of people I've found on a forum of any type. The willingness to share their hard-earned knowledge with others is second to none in my book. Congratulations and thanks to all who make this place what it is - a home away from home to relax and share common interests.

Last edited:
Top Bottom