IAP Collection - Pen #59

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Next in the review highlighting the holdings of The IAP Collection. And a nice introduction for newer members who were not here for the evolution of this ongoing project.

A brief explanation: When the IAP Collection is displayed, the host Organization/Chapter/Meeting/Etc has the option to submit/donate a pen to be included in the Collection. This is not an expectation or obligation, merely an option they can consider to benefit the diversity of the Collection and have representation within. If they decide to proceed to include a pen, it is entirely up to them on the manner of choosing (i.e, contest, poll, drawing, etc.), I have no part in this process, and will suggest to whomever is my successor to consider the same non-role.

In 2019 I displayed the IAP Collection at 3 AAW Chapters in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and the 2019 AAW International Symposium in Raleigh, NC. I was told that 3,500+ individuals had the opportunity to view the Collection. The 3 Chapters declined to submit a pen, but in discussion with the then-President of AAW, they decided to include a pen from within their holdings at the International Office. The blank had been crafted by Ken Nelson (Kallenshaan Woods) and turned by Kurt Hertzog (Past President of AAW) in honor of the 25'th Anniversary of the AAW.

Pen #59 - AAW Chapter/Symposium Donation

Date Added to Collection - 7/12/2019

IAP Collection Announcement
IAP Collection Photo Album (Updating is 2/3 done)
IAP Collection Display History

I will also mention, that I am open for requests for chapters/gatherings that would like for a display of the IAP Collection in late 2021/2022.

I have tentatively obligated the IAP Collection to be displayed at the: Penmakers International Midwest Gathering - April 22-23, 2022. The collection will be there, I also hope to be there.

F4BCD740-05C5-4D1A-9B32-7EE33952CFBC_1_105_c.jpeg

Top Bottom