IAP Collection - Pen #53

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
IAP Collection - Pen #53

2012-2013 Collaborative Creative Challenge - Team B9

Team B9's members and their individual contribution to the creation of this pen are:

William Weathersby (Triw51) of Cottonwood, AZ: Damascus steel for center band and clip, etched center band.

Dennis Cabell (Soligen) of Sterling Heights, MI: Finial turning, finish, assembly of pen and finish detail on the clip.

Peter Christensen (Curly) of Aldergrove, BC., Canada: Centerband, finials and section.

Fred Wissen (PTownSubbie) of Portsmouth, VA: Casting for barrels, finials and section; turning between castings.

Bruce Robbins (BRobbins629) of Richmond, VA: Artwork for icons, carving, roughing out clip.

Initiated in June of 2012, 50 IAP members were randomly divided into 10 teams to create a "Collaborative Pen." In March of 2013, there were 8 submissions. This was not a contest, and no voting - simply inspiration, creativity, fun and the blending of varying skill sets to produce a wonderful pen. (More links to the event are included in the information for each picture). As with many of the pens in the IAP Collection - this has to be seen, held and viewed in person to appreciate the wonderful artistry.

The final submission of "Team B9" landed in the possession of Bruce Robbins (Brobbins629), who on behalf of the Richmond, VA IAP Chapter donated this pen to the IAP Collection, following the Collection's display at their Chapter meeting last September.

I have been remiss in getting this posted, but finally getting caught up on my "chores" from a hectic 2017. BUT, for anyone needing some inspiration for a BASH contest, I encourage to check out the Photo Album where you can view the 8 submissions.

(Team B9 Members, and Mike Broberg (event chair), please add any comments.)

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom