IAP Collection - Pen #42

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Next in the review highlighting the holdings of The IAP Collection. And a nice introduction for newer members who were not here for the evolution of this ongoing project.

This pen was the Winner of the 2016 BASH Hunter's Paradise Pen Contest.

Pen #42 - "Whitetail Deer Antler/Migratory Bird Stamp" - Kenny Durrant (Kenny Durrant)

Date Added to Collection - 3/18/16

IAP Collection Announcement
IAP Collection Photo Album (Updating is 2/3 done)
IAP Collection Display History

I will also mention, that I am open for requests for chapters/gatherings that would like for a display of the IAP Collection in Mid/late 2021.

IAP-42.jpg

Last edited:

JohnU

I remember this pen! I Can't remember half of the pens I've made, but I remember this one! Always loved the material combination on that set.

Mark, Thank You for your idea, effort and time to bring the collection together and share it with all of us.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Mark for showing this pen. I remember the contest and for some reason this combination popped into my mind. I like the outdoor themed pens and this was a great opportunity for me. John I'll take what you said as a complement. I always look forward to seeing your work even if it's something you've shown before. I'm posting this because of the Bash coming up and I think it's a great way for people new to the hobby to see where they stand with the work they do and also it gives you an idea of what others like to see. Also I'd like to say Thank You to everyone! To those who run and monitor the website and those that participate in the threads and if you post or reply to them.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I remember this pen! I Can't remember half of the pens I've made, but I remember this one! Always loved the material combination on that set.

Mark, Thank You for your idea, effort and time to bring the collection together and share it with all of us.
Thanks Mark for showing this pen. I remember the contest and for some reason this combination popped into my mind. I like the outdoor themed pens and this was a great opportunity for me. John I'll take what you said as a complement. I always look forward to seeing your work even if it's something you've shown before. I'm posting this because of the Bash coming up and I think it's a great way for people new to the hobby to see where they stand with the work they do and also it gives you an idea of what others like to see. Also I'd like to say Thank You to everyone! To those who run and monitor the website and those that participate in the threads and if you post or reply to them.

I'll reply to both. (Note: Both Kenny and JohnU are represented in the IAP Collection).

Nurturing the IAP Collection has been/still is a pleasure, and I hope to continue to do my best to have public displays as soon as feasible, until IAP can draft another member to share the pleasure šŸ¤£. I love doing small group displays where the pens can be discussed and passed around, and the large meetings where I can display the Collection on the side lines and chat with individual members.

The Collection is diverse and reflects the IAP Membership: Master turners, a few beginners, superb precision, some with flaws, innovation, casters, segmenters, simple beautiful wood, historical pieces, some from members that are no longer with us... But when publicly displayed, positive comments reflect an appreciation for the breadth of the skills represented. There are pens that cannot be replicated due to the skills/tools, and there are many that can be inspiration for the greater IAP membership to work towards. In my opinion that is wonderful.

Kenny and John, thank you for your inclusion. šŸ‘

Top Bottom