IAP Collection - Pen #22

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Next in the review highlighting the holdings of The IAP Collection. And a nice introduction for newer members who were not here for the evolution of this ongoing project.

Pen #22 - Ed McDonnell (Ed McDonnell) - "Champleve'/Guilloche' with modern materials".
Added to the Collection: 1/23/2015.

IAP Collection Announcement
IAP Collection Photo Album (I will be updating this, but the link does work)
IAP Collection Display History

I will also mention, that I am open for requests for chapters/gatherings that would like for a display of the IAP Collection in 2020+.

IMG_1816.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I am proud to say that I received the chrome pen in the attached photo from Ed in a PITH back in 2014. These were prototypes that Ed used to test the materials & techniques for the design of his submission to the Pen Maker's Guild. Here's a link to his page at PMG - his membership submission is absolutely stunning.

Custom Glacia Pen from Ed.jpg

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I am proud to say that I received the chrome pen in the attached photo from Ed in a PITH back in 2014. These were prototypes that Ed used to test the materials & techniques for the design of his submission to the Pen Maker's Guild. Here's a link to his page at PMG - his membership submission is absolutely stunning.

That's a bit of history that I was unaware of - thanks for sharing, I will make a note of it.

Just to make a point, I will get out my zoom lens tomorrow and take a few more pictures. The detailed engraving within each red cell is awesome, but very hard to see even when you hold the pen (for us old folks with vision problems). As a photo to be posted online, well... maybe I can capture the detail - it is incredible! In the photos below, you can just see a hint of the detail. Folks, this is a very special pen!

View attachment 234871

That's a bit of history that I was unaware of - thanks for sharing, I will make a note of it.

Just to make a point, I will get out my zoom lens tomorrow and take a few more pictures. The detailed engraving within each red cell is awesome, but very hard to see even when you hold the pen (for us old folks with vision problems). As a photo to be posted online, well... maybe I can capture the detain - it is incredible! In the photos below, you can just see a hint of the detail. Folks, this is a very special pen!

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Ed's work here is some of the best ever posted. he did designs never seen here before and never will again. A true master artisan. Never tire looking at his work.

Top Bottom