IAP Collection Addition Limit - New for 2022+

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last fall (2020) a suggestion was made to consider a limit of how many pens each individual IAP member would be allowed to have included in the IAP Collection. At that time I felt it was too close to the start of the 2021 BASH Contest, so did not include that suggestion.

In the interest of diversity, as with many "Craft/Art, etc Collections," having a breadth of works represented from a variety of artists is a very reasonable consideration.

Starting with the 2022 BASH, the IAP Collection will allow a maximum of 3 pens to be included in the Collection from any single IAP member. At this time this affects only one member (Ron Blais), who has 3 pens already represented (and Ron has never participated in any BASH Contest - his pens came via the MAPG and MPG meetings). Seven others have 2, and 47 have 1 pen represented. So if a member enters an IAP Collection eligible contest after having a 3'rd pen already represented, I or my successor will very politely suggest alternate contests for the turner to consider entering.

This as with all inclusion criteria are subject to future modification if circumstances are warranted.

All other IAP Collection BASH guidelines, as well as prizes will be the same as the 2021 Contest. A formal BASH announcement will follow in January, but I wanted everyone to be aware of this new consideration.

Be well folks!

Top Bottom