IAP Collection 2019 Road Trip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last night the IAP Collection was the featured presentation at:

AAW Chapter - DelVal Turners located in Moorestown, NJ.

From 7-8 PM each pen was briefly described, passed around - (and retrieved!). This was the 29'th public display of the IAP Collection.

There were 37 AAW members present, 33 who had never turned a pen, and 2 who had joined IAP in the past, but had not logged on in several years. It was a very welcoming group and many excellent questions were asked and discussed.

From 8-9 PM I presented a slide show/discussion on how to construct 5 different designs of Chevron segmented pens.

Tonight is another presentation with another AAW Chapter (1st State Turners located in Wilmington, DE, ), then a final one next Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Stop #2 Last night. The IAP Collection was present and accounted for at the

AAW Chapter - First State Turners in Wilmington, DE.

The format of the visit was the same, a 7-9 PM meeting.

Totally different group. 34 present, of which 29 were at lease occasional pen turners. Very familiar with all necessary pen turning skills, tools etc. Asked lots of questions and was very interested.

Last presentation will be next Tuesday at the AAW Chapter - Cape Atlantic Turners, Petersburg, NJ.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 337

Charlie_W

IAP Penturning Ambassador James!!

Thanks for all your efforts! Let me know when you would like to visit Virginia and bring the collection.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
IAP Penturning Ambassador James!!

Thanks for all your efforts! Let me know when you would like to visit Virginia and bring the collection.

How about this fall/winter?

These AAW Chapter presentations are going well. 45-60 minutes IAP Collection; 45-60 minutes segmenting powerpoint/demo. My wife is going to Chicago with me at that meeting, so I bet a Washington DC trip would interest her.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Stop # Tuesday, 4/16/19. The IAP Collection was present and accounted for at the

AAW Chapter - Cape Atlantic Turners, Petersburg, NJ.

The format of the visit was the same, a 7-9 PM meeting.

24 present, of which about 1/2 were at lease occasional pen turners. Very familiar with all necessary pen turning skills, tools etc. Asked lots of questions and was very interested.

To recap the trip, the IAP Collection was displayed, each pen was passed around and a few comments about who made the pen and any additional facts/fiction that my memory allowed me to relate. I then did a demo/slideshow on segmented pens.

These were three AAW Chapters, and about 95 folks attended the presentations. Information on IAP with necessary links for folks to join was also distributed.

The IAP Collection has now had 31 public displays since 2015, and will reappear the end of next week at the 2019 Chicagoland MPG.

I apologize for the sideways photos. I'm downloading onto my computer from an Iphone. Any hints on how to correct this I'm often trainable.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 316

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Just a final update. In the past two months The IAP Collection was displayed at three AAW Chapters and the Chicagoland 2019 MPG. The AAW Chapters were awesome and very welcoming, and very interested in penturning and IAP. 90-100 AAW members; 280-320 at Chicagoland; so yup! The IAP Collection is being viewed.

Taking a breather for a bit, then back to figuring out where to go next!

I'll also be trying to have a more noticeable presence on IAP to get the word out about the "IAP Collection."

Top Bottom