IAP Bushings & Tubes App

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We are working on an update to the app and the database files. However, until they are ready for release, I recommend that you turn off the Automatic Update Feature of the app.

IAP migrated to a new server some time ago, but the old server was still active until just recently. Now that the old server has been decommissioned, the apps get an error when trying to check for database updates. Turning off automatic updates will avoid this condition and you can continue to use the app until we release the updates.

This applies to both the iOS and the Android version of the app.

With the iOS version, go to the Settings App, then scroll down to the BushNTubes selection. Click on that and you can turn off the Auto Update feature. There is a similar option in the Android version.

Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Edgar. I appreciate everyone involved with the app, it's very handy.
I just turned off the auto update.
Can you let us know when its good to go?
Most definitely. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks for the Apple version. We'll address the Android version once I finish updating & testing the Apple version,

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A new iOS update (ver 1.08) is now available on the Apple App Store.

A new Android version is not yet available.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions or if you notice any problems.

Some notes:
1. This version requires iOS 12.0 or greater and should run on any iPhone or iPad.
2. As before, the app only includes the supplier kit info. It will download all instruction PDFs & photos from the IAP server when you first start it up.
3. A new feature will pop up an alert notification when it starts to download files and another when it finishes. This will let you know that it is downloading updates.
4. We have added 6 more suppliers and many more kits & instructions.
5. When the app is installed, it will initially show 20 suppliers, but it will add the rest when it downloads the instructions.
6. The user manual has been updated.
7. Other than that, it's basically the same as before

Enjoy
Edgar

Last edited:

Curly

I have a question to something obvious that is eluding me. How do I get it to load the new version? I can see in settings the version is 1.07 and have turned automatic updates back on but nada, zip, diddly.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have a question to something obvious that is eluding me. How do I get it to load the new version? I can see in settings the version is 1.07 and have turned automatic updates back on but nada, zip, diddly.
You have to go to the Apple App Store and update the app itself first. Once you do that, it will automatically check for new database updates on the server and download them.

After that, it will continue to check the server for new updates if you have Auto Updates enabled.

Note: the new v1.08 app requires iOS 12.0 or later, so if you have an older version of iOS on your device, you will have to update that before you can download the updated app.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You have to go to the Apple App Store and update the app itself first. Once you do that, it will automatically check for new database updates on the server and download them.

After that, it will continue to check the server for new updates if you have Auto Updates enabled.

Note: the new v1.08 app requires iOS 12.0 or later, so if you have an older version of iOS on your device, you will have to update that before you can download the updated app is on

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
This Listing of Bushing and Tube Charts has been updated here and in the Library Menu on 9-8-2022.

The Apple App that is now Updated to the new Apple standards, Edgar has also enhanced the App with additional features.

Edgar's Instructions:
  • You have to go to the Apple App Store and update the app itself first.
  • Once you do that, it will automatically check for new database updates on the server and download them.
  • After that, it will continue to check the server for new updates if you have Auto Updates enabled.

Note: The new Apple v1.08 App requires iOS 12.0 or later.
If you have an older version of iOS on your device, you will have to update it before you can download the updated app.

I have Revised many and added a few New Pen Kit Suppliers to the Bushing and Tube PDF Charts. These are now available with the Updated App.

In the Library Menu, you'll find the App and Revised Charts under the Bushings, Tubes and Apps Tab.

Here are the Revised/New Charts along with the date of revision.

1. Arizona Silhouette 8-9-2022​
2. Beartooth Woods 8-11-2022​
3. Beaufort Ink 6-17-2022 Imperial & Metric​
4. Berea 8-16-2022​
5. Classic Nib 8-10-2022​
6. Craft Supplies 8-13-2022​
7. Crooked Mill 8-21-2022​
8. Exotic Blanks 8-29-2022​
9. Gary Pye 8-17-2022​
10. Hut Products 8-20-2022​
11. Kallenshaan 8-13-2022​
12. Lazerlinez (Discontinued) 8-10-2022​
13. Lee Valley 7-14-2022​
14. Little River Crafts (Discontinued) 8-10-2022​
15. Packard Woodworks 9-8-2022​
16. Peachtree 8-14-2022​
17. Penn State 8-13-2022​
18. R and B 8-10-2022​
19. Rockler 9-4-2022​
20. Smittys (Discontinued) 8-10-2022​
21. Timber Bits 7-10-2022 Imperial & Metric​
22. Timber Turners Revised 8-21-2022​
23. Turners Warehouse COMING SOON - Rizheng data is hard to find!
24. William Wood Write 9-2-2022​
25. Wood N Whimsies 8-30-2022​
26. Wood Turning Store 8-23-2022​
27. Wood World Of Texas 7-21-2022​
28. Woodcraft 9-3-2022​
29. Woodpeckers (Discontinued) 6-6-2022​
30. Woodsmith 8-16-2022​
31. Woodturningz 9-1-2022​

Below are the Suppliers that need revisions. They are NOT finalized to release.

1. Turners Warehouse Need Rizheng data!

The 1 Chart above will be released individually as I can finish it. This will also then be available on the Apps.

Comments, Questions, Suggestions?

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Just a couple of things to add to Wayne's comments:

Wayne has created a metric version of some charts, but the app only uses the Imperial version for each supplier. I am considering a feature for a future release that would give you the option of displaying tube length & diameter & bushing sizes in metric. No promises or ETA for such a feature though.

Some of the data in the app database might not be 100% consistent with Wayne's latest official Bushings & Tubes Charts. I am working through them to ensure consistency, but didn't want to delay this update. The app will automatically download new database updates when I post them.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I uploaded a new database update to the IAP server last night. The latest update is dated 7/1/22. You can check the date of your database by pulling down on the main page to see the two lines above the search bar or by going to Bush N Tubes in the settings app.

After the app downloads an update, you need to close and restart the app to install the new info. You do not have to reboot your phone.

This new update adds a few kits, corrects data in a few supplier files, and adds a number of kit instructions.

Talonstorm

The app is great, I use it very regularly. I was just wondering recently if it would be getting an update, so great to see. I'll be patiently awaiting the Android version!

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Added the Suppliers Bushings & Tubes to New Chart List above.
  1. Kallenshaan Bushings & Tubes 7-21-2022 (Addition 7-21-2022)
  2. William Wood Write Bushings & Tubes 7-30-22 (Addition 7-30-2022)
  3. Wood World Texas Bushings & Tubes 7-21-2022 (Addition 7-21-2022)

Top Bottom