IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-18 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

Welcome
to the eighteenth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

OK the rules change slightly now that the new kid is in town (well not really) I will be posting the questions early (since I work for a living at a real job), you will still have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..............CLICK HERE
or
(For those who need to enter an email address manually, copy/paste: 747trivia2@penturners.org and DELETE the three leading numerical characters.)

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 18 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

Box of Phoenix area blanks inc. Desert Ironwood, saguaro cactus, mesquite, curly African Sumac, Indian Rosewood, olive, eucalyptus burl, cottonwood burl, etc. Donated by jclark58.

and

One leather, zippered pen cases (fits all pen sizes!) (Retail $25). Donated by Heritance - DCBluesman.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

NOTE: I have today and Tomorrow left as TrviaMeister it has been fun (except the dog jokes) :mad: Starting on the 20th Bruce (fiferb) will take over for the last 9 days of the month be gentle on him! Rumor has it he is a very sensitive guy!

Question for day 18.....​

OK this was a very popular trivia question and one that got some brains active (first time in a long time for some)
Below are common and not so common :rolleyes: pen blank material. Please unscramble the words and provide the answer.
Example just so I don't get the wise crack responses:
Oolboocc = Cocobolo
ttudrca
feeenfcasob
nasskinek
dooossrhtwwle
zaalfei
althzuen
Leleopm gbbanui Pomelle Bubinga (see my posting in this thread)
Oangolc veals
yclcari
Nziilarba pppree

Email your answer to:....................CLICK HERE

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 18 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited:

bad

Dion, you're an evil, evil man ;-)
I spent minimun 6 hours solving Monday's puzzle. Fortunatelly up here in Alberta Monday was a Stat. holiday. Today I don't think I'll have enough time to solve the problem. Oh well.

THarvey

I agree.

I think an A is missing from the last one.

I also think the third one from the end has one O too many and is missing an A in the first word.

dntrost

OK I fixed the last one it should be Nziilarba pppree
Fixed the third one from bottom that one was not my fault as I copied it straight from a post offering it for sale! You guys selling wood learn hwo to spellll

Last edited:

THarvey

OK I fixed the last one it should be Nziilarba pppree
Fixed the third one from bottom that one was not my fault as I copied it straight from a post offering it for sale! You guys selling wood learn hwo to spellll

Dion,

I already sent my answers.

I added an A to the last answer, based on your previous post.

I spelled the third from the end using the letters you provided, the put the correct spelling in parentheses.

Could you look at my email? Is it acceptable or do I need to change and resend?

Thanks,

Tim

dntrost

Everyone who has submitted answers found my mistakes and answered correctly so no need to resend....SORRY!!!!!:beat-up:

Dion,

I already sent my answers.

I added an A to the last answer, based on your previous post.

I spelled the third from the end using the letters you provided, the put the correct spelling in parentheses.

Could you look at my email? Is it acceptable or do I need to change and resend?

Thanks,

Tim

Skye

I sent mine in and left the A out. I basically spelled the right word, just left the A out. Oddly enough, if you search for it like I spelled it, there is a wood related item with that alternate spelling.

Bear-31

That was the hardest one for me also...went through all the blanks for sale pages, tried a couple Wood ID sites, even tried the anagram sites and they didn't have a clue. Finally figured it out with my vast knowledge of turning materials...HAHA!

mick

Lol....got all but three of em right away...even with the missing letters but would you believe that #6 had me stumped until 10 minutes ago!

bananajeep

Dion, can you confirm you got my response. I've had my emails returned with the 747 in front of the email address. Removed the 747 for this one. Thanks.

These were much harder than the last lot. God Job

Mike Johnson
bananajeep

bruce119

Well guess this is one I am not going to get. I just ran out of time. I don't have all day to sit on the computer. I got some real work to do.

dntrost

Confession to make... Someone asked for help on one of the names and I gave him the answer. I also sent it to one of the guys that I have been bantering with during my days as TriviaMeister (who had already sent in the answers). This person was very offended by the fact that I sent out an answer and I now understand it was wrong. I am very sorry
So to even the score the answer to Leleopm gbbanui is Pomelle Bubinga

Again I am very sorry!

Top Bottom